Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spinning round and round

I manage to squeeze in a little spinning time here and there, but not nearly enough.
Progress is slow, but steady.


I love the yarn I'm getting from Goldie's fleece. It's a glorious heathery cream/gray. I've been recording the yardage on each skein as I take it off the niddy-noddy, but I'm purposely not totalling them up until the project is finished. I'm sure I'll get enough for a good substantial sweater, but I want the final total to be a surprise.



Three-ply makes it seem like it takes forever to get anywhere, but at worsted weight, at least the bobbins fill fast.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful yarn. Absolutely gorgeous.

Becky said...

It's very beautiful! I wish I could touch it. You go girl!

Erika said...

Wow, that is really awesome! I'm seriously impressed!

Cookie said...

So beautiful! And the sweater you get from it will be amazing. Totally worth all the time spent spinning.

Bullwinkle said...

Gorgeous yarn.

Dude would be giving me a hard time - telling me it is impossible to not add those numbers in my head. Just writing them down (on the same piece of paper) means you have some idea.

I'd be telling him to stuff it somewhere and what difference does it make.

But You, I'd be saying "thank you" -- for offering evidence that you can too surprise yourself.

Angie said...

Oh your yarn looks fantastic. I love that photo of all of it.

Laurie said...

That is coming out to be exquisite yarn. I am very impressed.