Apparently that's not the case at all. I wonder what happened to all those posts I wrote in my head?
Anyway. Remember when I had that squirrel running through? Well, it made another pass. The diamonds that I'd made and set aside kept catching my eye. I liked them, but I really wanted more purple. I started scrumbling around in my 1.5" strip bin and pulled some colors.
Then I had to pick it all up and hide it from myself because I'm trying to work on this:
Running those stringy bits all the way around the perimeter of the quilt is generating an awful lot of extra work for myself, but once I saw the effect I was a goner. Right now I'm thinking of sewing together red squares for an outer border, then binding in either red or black. Or maybe I'll just take an easier way out and run another of those narrow black borders instead of the squares.
Ah, dithering. My favorite part!