Angela over at so scrappy asked for a mid-year Rainbow progress update. Since I just started last week, this won't take long!
Here are my first four Rainbow Ohio Stars.
And here are a few more that I got done over the weekend.
As you can see, I got another red one made, plus a yellow and a purple,
and I went crazy with green. Yay, three of them!
This really is a challenge for me, since I'm trying to use ONLY the challenge color in each block. ( I am allowing neutrals - white, tan/cream, black - just to keep from completely tearing my hair out.) Since I'm usually trying to cram the maximum number of colors possible into each block, this is taking some real self-discipline...
And here's the reason I wanted an Ohio Star for myself so badly:
This is the completed quilt I made for the quilt swap. Since my partner has received it, I can post it without any spoiler alerts. I had so much fun making this that it was hard to let it go. I realized that I was going to have to make another one, or my brain was going to itch forever.
(And my quilt from her is perfect! My photos are less than ideal, however. I want to take some outdoor pics, but it won't stop raining. If and when it does...)