Friday, January 31, 2020

I should have known this would happen

Last time I posted, I showed a photo of my Frolic with the blocks laid out in a straight set. 



It'll be fine, I told myself.  Terrific, in fact.  I really like it, I said.  I don't need to do the on-point setting like Bonnie Hunter designed it because it'll be quite okay this way.  Just because I usually prefer an on-point setting is no reason to think that that will be the case this time too.

Yeah.

I decided to make up a block and the two half-blocks needed to fill in a corner if I turned the blocks on point.  You know, just for scientific purposes.  Not that I was going to dump the straight set or anything.


Uh oh.

You saw this coming, right?



On point just dances rings around the straight setting.  I liked the straight set.  I LOVE the on point.

So okay, three blocks and six half-blocks to go.

I should've known I wasn't done...


12 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh my, yes the on-point is wonderful! I guess she {bonnie} knew that too?

Libby in TN said...

I'm with you on this one. Straight was OK; on-point, dynamic.

cityquilter grace said...

love your color choices....and on point is dynamite!

Chantal said...

Maybe you're not done with it but you won't regret your decision. You might have if you had left it straight. It now sings the song it wanted to sing. Great call. Enjoy! ;^)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes - you knew it was coming and I'm glad you listened!! On point is MUCH better.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh, we all saw it coming :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh yeah! Of course you should change your mind, and we all completely understand! :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Every quilt has a mind of its own. And this one definitely wants to be on point!

Sally Trude said...

I appreciate your having the column of temperature gradient flying geese to foreshadow your surprise borders.

audrey said...

I'm not laughing at you, but WITH you.:) Gotta listen to our quilts.:)

Cathy said...

Yes, the on point definitely looks nicer and perkier. Said the woman who is usually too lazy to even consider on point settings...

Vireya said...

It does look great on point. I think it enhances the wavy effect.