Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Let's pretend I did some RSC sewing

Look!  Greens!


Not RSC January greens at all, though.  Those are more numbers for the temperature quilt.  (I'm really proud of that 7 in 70, by the way.  I just slashed a square with my rotary cutter at an angle that 'looked right' and it turned out really well.  I'm not usually that lucky!)

The other win was that I've got nine blocks done for Frolic, which is all I'll need if I decide to go ahead with a square setting.  If I dither myself into that lovely diagonal setting, I'll just need four more blocks and a bunch of setting bits.  (I've got some of that stuff cut out anyway, from when I panicked and thought I wasn't going to have enough parts for clue 7.)  (Or was it clue 6?)


At one point I had all the sashing strips in place between the blocks, but in the process of rearranging for value (because I couldn't help myself), most of those sashy bits fell onto the floor.  (I cropped them out of the photo)  (It's just as well)  (Who needs to look at a swathe of sashy bits on the floor, after all?)

So, I'm either done with the Frolicking blocks or I'm 9/13ths done with the Frolicking blocks.  We'll see what happens next.  (And can I say once again how happy I am with how my colors worked out?)


11 comments:

Vireya said...

Your Frolic looks great, and so do the numbers for your temperature quilt.

Sally Trude said...

And if February is orange, you’re ahead at RSC. Your numbers are fabulous and I am certainly days away from pulling my Frolic out to assess the damages.

Julierose said...

Very "Frolicsome";))) lovey almost finished...like most of mine are...lol
I am pretending that I even like orange ..hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

You should be proud of all those numbers. I find making letters and numbers like that difficult.

And, yes, although I rarely frolic, I think I could even frolic in those colors in those blocks. Wonderful choice, indeed! Move that forward!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

So much wonderful progress! I vote for making more blocks. Those poor bits on the floor need a place in your quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Frolic is looking wonderful, Gayle - bright and happy! It's great to have a quilt block that will work whether you decide to use it straight set or on point!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I think you deserve a finish! Go for it and g'tterdone!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such an inspired idea to add the numbers into the RSC?temperature quilt, I love it!! I do hope you continue on with Frolic, aren't Bonnie's mystery quilts quite a large size?

Chantal said...

Oh no! Pieces fell overboard. Over design wall board. Quick, rescue them before the cats show up and make them disappear forever. (lol, being silly as always.) Love your numbers. Where will they go in the quilt? Top? Bottom? I'm curious. (as always)
Soooo in love with your Frolic quilt. More blocks. On point. You won't regret the extra effort. Enjoy! ;^)

Ann said...

All of these Frolics are lovely.

Magpie Sue said...

I LOVE the colors you've used in your Frolic blocks. I'd be content to set the blocks straight on rather than on the diagonal but you must do what makes you happy. :-)