Sunday, February 2, 2020

At last a wee bit of rainbow

Yay!  It's orange month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, which means it's my favorite month of the year.  Here I've managed to squeeze in a bit of orange that wasn't directly Frolic-oriented. 


Two more little doodads for the RSC.  Or widgets.  I don't know what to call them.


That's the whole of what I've got so far.  I'm combining leftover 2.5" print half-square triangles (and between my temperature quilt and all the Bonnie Hunter projects I've worked on, I have a great plenty of those) with whatever solid I grab that doesn't look too terrible, and ta-da!  A widget!  Or a doodad! 
Or a thingy?  I need to come up with a name for these...


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!



13 comments:

Chantal said...

Love the orange and blue the most. Surprise, right? haha! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, those are fun! The orange seems to go with everything - I never knew that before today!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Oh my! Those blocks are so bright and amazing. Orange is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Julierose said...

Really cute blocks--hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Why not call this one "Widgets and Doo Dads" ? I like both and and I love seeing all those colors with orange (and to think I didn't used to like that color much).

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I am not normally an orange person, but you always make it look so awesome!

Cathy said...

Sorry, I have no clever name for you. But I do like those HSTs. They look like a bunch of different blocks depending upon fabric placement. I want a whole big quilt of those whatever they ares.

Ann said...

I recently mixed prints with solids, too, and find the result visually exciting. Just like these.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice transition block for the RSC!! Green and ORANGE. Love it!

maggie fellow said...

I like the print with a solid - great color combos

Raewyn said...

A fun wee bit of sewing! Your doo-dad widget blocks looks great. I love the pop of colour an orange gives but use if rarely - I think I'll be scratching for this month's blocks.

Cathy said...

What great, bright colors! Gender neutral! (I’m noticing that more now that I do the Quilts for Kids). Your little blocks are the ‘sails’ portion of little sailboat blocks. Why not just call them sails? And think of all the word play possibilities, too...

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the blocks Gayle, beautifully bright and happy.