Monday, December 31, 2018

More fun with strings!

I was quietly (well, I didn't whoop out loud, at least) pleased when Bonnie dropped the next clue for Good Fortune on Friday and it turned out to be more string blocks.

I made a bunch on Friday -


and a few more on Saturday -


I've easily got half the necessary blocks at this point, so I can go off on another path entirely, right?

The strings are turning out to be so much fun that I've got a wild idea for next year's RSC quilt.  (More on that later)
For now, know that I'm going to need a whole bunch of these -


String-string-a-ling!  Off I go!


Linking with Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville for the clue #6 linky party.  Compare admire all the stringy goodness!
Oh, hey, and Happy New Year to all!





5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Even if I didn't quilt, I'd still enjoy watching you make them! I love how you put fabric together!

Chantal said...

So it was you I heard singing on high; ♫ Let it string ♪ Let it string ♫ Let it string♪. X^D
Looking forward to your newest idea for RSC2019. Bring it on!!
All the best for 2019. May you get your fair share of health, happiness, fabric, family, scraps, sewing time, friends, squeeshy mail, in any order you wish. Take care. xox ;^)

Sally Trude said...

Well...the neutral strings were the easy part of Bonnie's last clue...she also told us we had to straighten our sewing room and plan what quilts we will FINISH next year. I'll wait right here while you amend your post...

Quiltdivajulie said...

AND Lori at Humble Quilts is hosting a STRING quilt along in 2019 (and Sujata is hosting the Unconventional and unexpected QAL based on Rod Kiracofe's book - there are LOTS of string quilts in it). I'm going to have a BLAST!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your strings are really pretty - I have been wanting to make a neutral quilt ever since I saw the Sunday Morning book but so many quilts got shoved in front, because they are pretty quiet (low volume, haha).