Sunday, November 15, 2009

Still plying...

But I've got roughly a bobbinful done. Actually, I could have gotten a bit more on the bobbin, but both plies broke at the same time, and I took it as a sign that I should stop and wind off the yarn.
And here it is:


There's a little bit of barber-poling, but most of the color changes are subtle enough that it doesn't really show.

If fact, as I was winding onto the niddy-noddy, I was often surprised to see that a whole new color had started without me even noticing.
If I haven't screwed up the count, I've got 625 yards so far.
Now I just need to find a shawl pattern with a lace pattern than can handle stripes of color. Anybody have suggestions?

8 comments:

Bullwinkle said...

That is luminescent. (Or: wow! is that ever shiny!)

That is lovely yarn. I'm going to do ... uhm. Uh oh.... and darn. Where'd that pattern go?

There is a drop-wraps stitch pattern out there - something to do with waves. It is usually knit in rows on the short side of a scarf/shawl. I'm going to knit it longways - in an autumn colorway and call it mountains. But I think it handles the color changes well.

(Was that even close to intelligible?)

Bullwinkle said...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/drop-stitch-scarf-2


I swear to *dog* you hit the publish button ...

amy said...

The colors have lined up/matches very well! Pretty and shiny! I just finished about 14 oz of black alpaca. Now I want to spin something colorful.

margene said...

Very, very gorgeous!! It's enough yarn (and then some) for a lovely shoulder shawl.

pat said...

Oh my - that is GORGEOUS yarn - the tencel gives it that beautiful sheen. I sure hope I can make yarn like that when I grow up!
How did you ply it to preserve the color changes?
Anything you make with it will be beautiful!

graybastian said...

Oh, wow, that is so beautiful! The shiny! I can't wait to see what you knit with it.

Laurie said...

Quite lovely. Looks silky, and the drape will be wonderful.

Shawls by yardage: http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2007/08/296-triangle-shawl-patterns.html

Lanea said...

Gorgeous!