Saturday, July 2, 2022

well now, let's see - where was I?

 I seem to remember that I have a blog laying around here someplace.  Let's just dust it off a bit and see what happens.

I don't think I got much done in the way of RSC sewing, or at least I didn't think to take many photos if I did.  June's blue was a pretty abysmal showing - just these two sad little fellas.


But there was quite a bit of faffing around with purple all spring.  

This - 

and this -


became this -

 
and this.


The second one is a completed top, and the first one is awaiting borders.  (I'm still dithering)  (You know me, right?)

Of course, that makes this mess on my cutting mat a real treasure for July's RSC color - purple!  (Thank you, Angela, for picking such a perfect and well-timed color!)


Speaking of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, anyone remember these blocks?


After making them for a couple of years for RSC, I decided that I had enough for a quilt, so I sashed and scrambled and got them to this stage.


All the rows are sewn together, and some of them are sewn to each other.  I've just got three or four more long seams and three corners to sew on and it'll be ready to go.

Unless I go with some crazy kind of stripe for a border...


I'll just dither for a bit, shall I?

While all that row-sewing was going on, I used these blocks for leader/enders.



Here's the first four blocks of Hawk's Nest (from Bonnie Hunter's book "Scraps and Shirttails II")


Why, yes.  I did start another quilt.  Is anyone surprised?

And it wasn't all just piecing going on.  There's been some quilting, too.


Notice what's in the extreme right of that picture?


Yeah.


I've got Moxie.


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come see where the RSC is leading us next!

Also linking with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  There's another fun crowd!

15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Always good to hear from you and glad to know that you are still creating beautiful things! I especially like the dark setting triangles.

Chantal said...

Whoohoo for Moxie! I'm so happy to hear from you. I missed you big time because your posts are always fun. I should have known that purple would get you out here, lol. Congratulations on acquiring Moxie. Looks like the two of you are getting to know each other pretty well, two quilts later! Awesome! Okay, let's rewind a bit. Love that blue fabric in the first picture. yum! All those pink and purple blocks made two beautiful quilts... well, almost two, lol. Love Jack N Six with the purple setting triangles. Great call on that one. Not sure about that border though. I bet it looks better in person. Your newest project is so full of HTS, OMG! Don't tempt me like that. Lol. Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So fun to see an update on what you've been up to in your sewing room, Gayle! Of course, you saved the best for last! Your blocks made into quilt tops are all beautiful. Enjoy that quilting!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh it's so good to see you back with a post Gayle! I see you have been as busy as ever and love the quilts you're working on at the moment, so much colour to enjoy.
Lucky you having a long arm to work through your quilts.

Cathy said...

Surprise, surprise! How exciting to have a Moxie!

And you have been working behind the scenes on some lovelies. Glad to see a post!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Always happy to find a new post from you! Your sense of humor and writing style always make me smile. Congrats on Moxie - happy quilting!

MissPat said...

Hi, stranger. If Moxie has moved in, I guess there'll be a few finishes in the works? Good to hear from you.
Pat

Ivani said...

Love the quilts you're working on, great variaty.I am doing a happy dance here,as you and Moxie are quilting partners now. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!?!! That’s not fair. How come you disappear from blogging and reappear with a gazillion fun quilts and Moxie? When I go awol all I have to show for it is ADHD. ST and Molly

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy, is it ever good to hear from you and see that you've been busy sewing!! That last bit was quite a surprise. Congratulations and happy quilting, Gayle!! Funny story? My beemate Gayle just got a Moxie, too!! I went to see her method for using a panto from the front because she doesn't have the rear handles on her machine.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! What terrific blocks and tops you've been making. Congratulations on the Moxie. I hope you have fun, fun, and more FUN!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Welcome back! So many wonderful things are going on in your sewing room. I tend to dither, too, especially about borders. Dithering isn't necessarily a bad thing if it helps us come up with something great. Congrats on Moxie!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Yay! Good to see your post as they are always fun. Moxie is awesome and it appears you didn’t suffer a bit from paralyzing fear at quilting a real quilt like I did. Go you!!!

Grams Jean said...

Welcome back to Blogland! Been missing you. It is important to check in once in a while at least, to let us know you have not succumbed to covid. So happy you are still with us and creating!

Sandy Panagos said...

Love how your pink basket "floats" on that print. Very cool! Hawk's Nest looks fun!