Saturday, July 9, 2022

Hey, look! Another post!

 Already July is going better than the last six months.  Well, slightly more productive, anyway.

I got a couple of purple cake stands done for RSC,


as well as a couple of Antique Tiles.


I've got more of both of those blocks cut and ready to sew, which is what I've been doing in between sewing more Hawk's Nest blocks.

I lay out a block,


and stitch,


and lay out another,


and stitch,


and repeat, each time having a new block waiting in the on deck circle.








Luckily I've been sewing kabillions of those little HSTs right along, (I've been planning to do an Ocean Waves someday, as well as a pine trees quilt) so it's a simple matter of raiding the bag when it's time to lay out the next block.

And it's nice to have something ready to go when I first sit down at the machine.  None of that "where will I start" nonsense!

Can a Hawk's Nest be considered a squirrel?




Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see what pretty purples are in play!

9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those Hawk's Nest blocks take a lot of HSTs (like my basket blocks)! They're going to make a fabulous quilt. So handy to have all kinds of HSTs made up ahead!

LA Paylor said...

you're so funny... come see me sometime... I've been MIA for a while but still around.. LeeAnna at not afraid of color
ps I've got lots of hst's waiting in the wings too

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of HSTs, and the results are delightful!

Cathy said...

It's really interesting to see how the magic of color placement can change a Single Wedding Ring into a Hawk's Nest! Love how that works!

Sharon said...

Cool blocks! I really like your hawk's nest blocks.

MissPat said...

I've made the Hawk's Nest block for at least one mystery quilt but never knew its name. I actually worked on that UFO at a recent retreat. I'm glad to see some oldies but goodies in the mix, too.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

I spy some PURPLE scraps in Hawk's Nest, too, Gayle!! :o))

Sally Trude said...

The squirrel certainly didn’t like you mentioning a hawk!

Cathy said...

Your Hawk’s Nest bocks are so colorful and happy. Maybe you should call them Squirrel’s Nest blocks. (Do squirrels have nests?)