Saturday, December 12, 2020

What's more fun?

 What's more fun than a kitten in a bin?


Why, two kittens in a bin, of course!


After a certain amount of settling in, they napped in there for a good chunk of the afternoon.


This was unfortunate, since that was my bin of orange scraps, and I need orange strips for Clue 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek mystery.


Between choosing to let sleeping kitties lay (because non-sleeping kitties try to 'help') and the fact that sewing those triangles together makes my eye twitch (they're quarter-square triangles, not half-squares - what on earth is Bonnie planning?!?), I only got three more sets done.  I added them to what I've gotten sewn so far.


Three weeks in and I have no idea where we're going with this.  Which is half the fun!

And this appeared sometime this afternoon.  I have no idea how.  It's not like I'm making shoofly blocks or anything.


Is there such a thing as an Accidental Shoofly?


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday (even though I did doodly-squat for RSC sewing this week/month) and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the colorful goodness!

14 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are doing great with the mystery. I like all those blocks next to each other. So intriguing what the finished product will look like.

Libby in TN said...

Yes, accidental shooflies happen all the time.

Chantal said...

Oh! Kitties in a box! 😍I'm in love! They are so cute.😸 Great progress on the Mystery Quilt. You decided to follow Bonnie's colorway? Accidental Shoofly is seen more frequently than two kitties in a bin. Lol. 🐱 ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your kitties are a hoot! You've also got a pretty box of Grassy Creek bits and pieces - it will be fun to see where they lead to. And accidental blocks of all sorts appear in my sewing room, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

On the Bright Side of Grassy Creek, huh, Gayle??? :o))

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Awww - just look at those cuties. How can you not worship their mere presence!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Kittens can make you rip your hair out one minute, have in fits of laughter, and swoon with kisses the next. My fur babies are now grumpy oldies set in their way.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I think we all know what the shoofly block is starting, loves those colors! Enjoy the mystery and happy stitching!

MissPat said...

Cute kitties. Good start on GC. I stalled out on Frolic while we were traveling last year, so even though we're not traveling this year, I'm skipping GC. I think I'll see what I can make out of the bits and pieces I did get made last year and add whatever appears to the orphan block box. It is a wonder how those shoofly blocks suddenly appear.
Pat

Louise said...

Can you please box those kitties up and send them to me for a few weeks? I miss mine and could sure use some quilting "helpers." :)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the accidental shoofly! This stuff happens all the time, pieces just start coming together and there's nothing you can do about it. Your helpers are adorable, even if they do sleep on the parts you need. And your box of mystery parts looks like a yummy fruit basket!

scraphappy said...

I am guessing that you made plenty of scraps for next year while working on your mystery quilt. Call it a win! Glad the cats were able to supervise.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I think shoo fly blocks are going on my 2021 list. I love your little block and think you should plan a whole quilt around it. :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Ann said...

Your colors are delightful. No wonder the kitties love to nest in them. Thanks for sharing such adorable photos.