Thursday, December 17, 2020

Bring on clue 4!

 I puddled together a few more Clue #3's for Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek mystery -


and added them to the box with the others.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm just shooting for around half the units each week.  I'll be perfectly happy with a smaller version of the quilt (if possible), and if I change my mind and decide to go for the full size at least I'll already be halfway there.

That's pretty much it for the exciting sewing.  In the meantime, I've also been sewing strings for the borders for Sand Castles 2, which I wish was a little more interesting to do.  Some days I only add a few inches and sometimes I'm patient enough to go a couple of feet.  Slow and steady wins the race and all that.


And just to break it up a little, I've pulled out my plate of HST triangles and am sewing them together a few at a time.  There's a Tree of Paradise and an Ocean Waves somewhere in my future, so I might as well get ready!


Then there's the 4-patches bin which needs to be replenished (two back to back Sand Castles took a toll!) and Easy Peasy and nine-patches for Jack's Chain, all going on in the background.  Seems like these days I'm all putzy all the time.

And where would I be without my diligent little helpers guarding the stash?


I don't know what they're going to do when they're full grown.  I might have to get a bigger bin for my orange scraps...

12 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love all your little bits! But your not-so-little kits are the best!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The kittens are cute but where were the squirrels? Happy stitching!

Louise said...

I say lean into the putzy times. That's when all those little pieces slowly take shape. When a quilt finally appears it will seem like magic! But it's really just the Putz Elves working away in the background, making small blocks and tiny shoes. (All elves make shoes; it's genetic, I think. They also spin straw into gold but you chose quilting over basket making, so I doubt you have straw in your stash. None of us do, alas.)

Quiltdivajulie said...

"all putzy all the time" -- oh, yeah - what a GREAT line. Love the kitty photos.

Vireya said...

The Grassy Creek bits are looking good so far! It is a very cheerful colour scheme.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh you are so very organised with your Mystery project!!! Love your little kitties they will bring so much fun and love.

Sally Trude said...

I just hope you don’t need a stall for the tabby kitten. I also suspect they are hiding all your churn dash blocks.

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, love those kitties in the bin! You are sew productive!

Chantal said...

Great progress on Grassy Creek. Yummm, orange! I so love orange ... especially when kittens are sleeping on it. Lol. Lately, "I'm all putzy" would describe me very well too. Take care. ;^)

Ann said...

It's nice to have several scrap quilts to make. I have parts to another Ocean Waves I need to finish. Thanks for the reminder.
Merry Christmas.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So much scrappy goodness here :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Good progress on your 'grassy creek' bits! Ah, ocean waves has been on my 'to do' list for some time now! Merry Christmas Gayle.