Sunday, September 6, 2020

Phew! One extra!

I diligently sewed all those blocks together and ended up with one left over!  (Usually if I'm off, it goes the other way for me.)

I turned 256 of those blocks into 64 of these -


and then grouped those blocks by fours  -


and then kept going


and going



until I ran out of design wall when I'd hung up 9 out of the 16 big blocks.

Now I'm sewing those together by fours.


Luckily I only need four of these megablocks.  Almost there!

My RSC blocks came in handy for leader/enders during all that HST madness.

Two cake stands in red -


and a postage stamp block.


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all our scrappy goodness!






11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the cake stands and the postage stamp block! Your big project is coming together so nicely! I finished a ps block this afternoon. I was sure it was going to be terribly wonky, but it actually turned out pretty good!

Chantal said...

Yay! You don't have to make another one but got one spare instead. Awesome! That quilt is really a labor of patience. Goodness there's a lot of pieces in it! Sure is scrappy! Love it.
Great job on the red blocks. ;^)

Libby in TN said...

I need to get back to my madness. I have one quarter done of the 4 I plan to do. I temporarily misplaced the background I was using but I discovered it in another project box and have left myself a note this time.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That quilt top is going to be insane! Great job sticking with it. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'totally demented' blocks look amazing, so much scrappy goodness!.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That is incredible!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great start on RED for the RSC! Demented is coming along nicely. I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Vireya said...

I guess that extra block is a sign that you need to make another Demented!

Louise said...

See how much better things work out when you don't count? I also ended up with an extra block for my latest project. It all works out :)

MissPat said...

Demented is certainly one gigantic quilt. Guess it's a good thing you didn't make another block because with two extras you might be tempted to go insane again.
Pat

Deb A said...

Oh my goodness! Those leftover blocks sure do make some stunning blocks and a beautiful quilt it will be! Great job.