Saturday, July 18, 2020

Well, maybe just one new project. Or, umm, two...

Did anyone else accidentally start Bonnie Hunter's new leader/ender challenge?  (Well, some of you might have started on purpose.  I just sort of seem to fall into these things without really noticing...)

I'll just make one block, I told myself.  You know, as a sample.  


You can see where this is going, right?


Bonnie is calling this "Easy Breezy", but my brain insists on saying "Easy Peasy", so I guess I'll be sticking with that.


Because it sure was easy peasy to end up with a whole plateful of blocks cut and ready to go.

In RSC news, I got another catch-up block done for PSP20.  (I completely deny this was so I had an excuse to sew some new leader/enders together.)


Now I've just got January's light green to do and I'll be all caught up!


And you know how in my last post I showed you I was a winner?  Well, I'm an even bigger winner now - Sally T drew my name for her Table Scraps giveaway and sent me a huge stack of solids.  (You know how Joy's middle name is Whoosh?  Sally's middle name is Enabler.)  I see a lot more postage stamp blocks in my future.  (And maybe zippers) (and cake stands) (and maybe friendship stars?)


And then apparently Molly decided to add a few scraps of her own, so I've got some lovely kitty bits to play with, too.


And since the fabrics were all just Right There -


I may have to stop kidding myself about whether I've started that Cake Stand quilt or not.

Sally's last laugh was this print -


just to make sure I don't run out of squirrels.  (I think that one might make a good background for when the RSC gets around to red month.)

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come enjoy the scrappy fun!


26 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I caught the significance of the squirrel fabric right away! Cake stand looks easy enough. I may use that as next year's RSC (I'm taking this year off to clear out some UFOs).

cityquilter grace said...

wow lucky gal....and love those solids....i was tempted to try bonnie's new L/E sew along but was afraid it was a slippery slope for me so i passed...love all your blocks!

Cathy said...

Not even Easy Peasy can tempt me! But I'm sure glad to see you sewing and blogging.

Looks like you not only have a case of PSP20 but Cat Scrap Fever as well.



LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, now I am jealous of the squirrel fabric! That is cute! I may have also started the Bonnie Hunter leader/ender project, too, and I may have also made about 5 blocks. But I'll never tell...

Judy Nichols said...

Started the PSP20 after seeing your blocks. Finding the new leader ender is the perfect accompaniment. Tried doing 2 of the postage blocks at once but found it too confusing.
13 Postage blocks, 20 Easy Peasy block to date.

Jenny said...

I've got some easy peasy blocks cut but haven't quite started yet. I'm sure they will be easy to stitch when I get started, always like to have a leader and ender project ready and waiting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on winning Sally's Table Scraps Giveaway, Gayle!! I've gotta tell you a little secret. I just MIGHT have burst out laughing when I got to the squirrel fabric photo. OK, so... I actually DID burst out laughing! :P

Angie said...

1. Love the Cake Stand block in Mardi Gras colors - you're on your way!
2. That squirrel fabric is AWESOME!

LA Paylor said...

squirrels!! How fun! you do the most fun blocks

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I so love the solid postage stamps - seriously not until next year. And the squirrel fabric just has to be played with.

Sally Trude said...

We have a better squirrel in our backyard.

Buddy

Mystic Quilter said...

Luscious looking solids just waiting to be made into Postage Stamp blocks, I love the squirrel fabric.

Cherie in St Louis said...

That Molly sure did nail it with the squirrel fabric, he he he he......

MissPat said...

It's a good thing it's too hot in my studio to start anything new, so I'll just sit here and pet the fabric Sally sent me and dream of cooler days.
Pat

Chantal said...

Wow! When it rains, it really pours! I'm so happy for you. Congrats! Look at all that wonderful fabrics tempting you into new projects. Lol. Not that you don't have wonderful fabric to begin with. I'm so in love with the birds on red in the first block. Gorgeous! Sally really knows you well. She knew where to send that squirrel fabric. Adorable! I command your restraint in the amount of new projects started. Bravo! Enjoy all the new goodies! ;^)

grammajudyb said...

Congrats on the wins, lots of fun fabric! I too have started Easy Breezy. The tiny one! Not sure if I’ll make a quilt’s
worth, but I have 10 sets cut and near my machine!

Rose said...

I so wanted to join Bonnie's Leader/Ender challenge. I had to just say "NO!!" as I am already using a mystery quilt that I cut the pieces for in 2015 as a leader/ender. I had to tell myself to finish this one first. I did draw Bonnie's block on some graph paper so maybe when I finish this one. Or by then she may have another challenge going.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hadn't heard about this one - I will try the 6" blocks (there are already enough 1.5" bits and pieces in my life). Always fun to read your posts - you always make me laugh!

Louise said...

Oh, that squirrel fabric is The. Best. Do you think the fabric manufacturers understand what it means?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'll add too that that squirrel fabric is so cute. You always have a post chock full of lovely blocks. There is no end to the inspiration these days is there.

JanineMarie said...

That squirrel print just says it all! Love it. Have fun with your squirrels!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is so easy to be inspired! I think I will be starting a postage quilt soon. Lucky you to be sent all those great solids.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Bonnie said...

Yea for being a winner. Yes, for the first time in a long time I started Bonnie's L/E challenge. I just really like that little block. It's time for me to cut some more but I have some other blocks I'm using a L/E's now. Although, really do you ever use them as leaders? I always use them as enders... I was laughing through your entire blog. I like those squirrels. They might be really good in a squirrel project!

Ann said...

Congrats on your many fabric wins. What fun you have planned for them already. I can't wait to see more. Good luck.

QuiltGranma said...

What a lovely bunch of blocks and gifted fabrics!

Cathy said...

Haha! I love that squirrel fabric. You know, when Iwon Sally’s giveaway last month, she sent me some (different) squirrel fabric and a little squirrel panel. She is definitely an enabler.