Saturday, April 6, 2019

Out with the green and in with the... um... blue-green

Not a big jump on the color wheel this month - Angela announced aqua for April's RSC color.

Between Sea of Tranquility and On Ringo Lake, my supplies of aqua/blue-green aren't as copious as they could be, but I dug in and found a pretty one.


A little more digging found some aqua dots.  You can never go wrong with dots.


Speaking of wrapping up a month, March's temperature geese are all put together and have been added to the design wall, next to January and February's columns.


And, speaking of never going wrong with dots, I decided to give some thought to dots for the background sashing for this quilt.
Multicolor dots


or black and white dots.


Possibilities, eh?
I think I'll test out some plaids next.
Because you can never go wrong with plaids, either.


Linking with Soscrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the scrappy fun!

15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like just about any color with dots on it! Your two Sandcastles with the aqua backgrounds are wonderful, Gayle!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, beautiful aqua fabrics!

Debi said...

I adore dots and you can't have too many! Thanks for sharing!

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful Sand Castles blocks! I like both of your dotty sashing options.

Susie H said...

Pretty RSC blocks. Your temperature geese look great with the dots but I'd like to see the plaids you have in mind also.

Chantal said...

I prefer the multi-colored dots to the b/w dots. Since there is no black and white in the geese, it makes the sashing strike out. With the other one, it blends in better. But let's give Plaid a chance. I love your sand castle blocks. At every new color, there's a "oh" and "ah" coming out of me. Great job! ;^)

Cheryll said...

Great find...because your blocks look beautiful...xox

Libby in TN said...

I'm with Chantal on the sashing question. I've found that closely packed white dots on black fabric tend to give an overall impression of grey. Let's give plaid a chance!

Marly said...

YOU can't go wrong with FABRIC!
If you ask me (but you didn't!) I would go for the multi-colour dots. But on the other hand plaids are lovely too, and mostly multi-coloured.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely AQUA blocks, Gayle! As for the dotty backgrounds, the multicolor dots MIGHT be a contender, but I really think you should keep digging.

Louise said...

Dots, plaids, stripes...I like all the geometric patterns! Especially for a background like that. Very versatile :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are going to persuade me to make some sand castle blocks yet. I am so intrigued by your blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sally Trude said...

You might have to try some stripes too. Or a solid...and maybe the solid would have to shade across the quilt because it represented the average temperature for the month.

audrey said...

Love the flying geese! Great colors. And I whole-heartedly agree that you can never go wrong with plaids.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

I love Aqua and dots - perfect blog post for me to read!