Saturday, March 30, 2019

Green goes Marching out

What with one thing and another, I didn't get a lick of RSC sewing done last week, but I did a little better this past week.
It helps if I lay out the components next to the sewing machine, ready to grab and run through.


That's a green Sand Castle, along with a green Jacks&Sixes, a green Buckeye Beauty, and another green Sand Castle ready for some four-patches.
Here's the lozenge portion of the first Sand Castle along with the Buckeye,


and here's that Jacks block.


(It's really convenient to cut the squares and triangles for this and the Sand Castles at the same time, since one needs 3 squares and 6 HSTs, and the other needs 5 squares and 6 HSTs.  As long as I've got strips and rulers in hand...)

Two Sand Castles done and done.



And here they are added to the green ones already on the design wall.


I'm ready for a new color!  Hello, April!


 While I'm deciding what new project to start, I pulled out the (sadly neglected) Glitter bin and made a few blocks,


and then a few more.


I added another four blocks to this bunch, but the camera must have eaten the photo because I can't find it.  Only 472 million more blocks to go and I'll have a quilt...

And I've got the back pieced for Sea of Tranquility.  Now to just iron it flat and get ready for the pin-basting.


I'm sure it'll be smooth sailing, right?


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh, Scrap!  Come join the fun!




16 comments:

Julierose said...

Your sand Castles are so pretty--nice work hugs, Julierose

Sally Trude said...

I have loved seeing your sand castle blocks...but seeing them deconstructed was an excellent wake-up call! But I will continue to love seeing yours grow.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Just look what you accomplished! Having block parts laid out by the machine is a really good way to get things done. All of your RSC blocks look great in GREEN!

Chantal said...

Oh! It must be Spring because Glitter is out, lol. Nice to see it again. Love your Sandcastle blocks in green. So many pieces for one block but it will make an awesome quilt. Hope you get to sew again this week. ;^)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about leaving the next block laid out next to the sewing machine when it is time to stop -- makes starting the next time just that much easier.

Julie in GA said...

Your Sand Castles blocks are looking great together! I agree that it helps to have something pre-cut and ready to sew by the machine, but it rarely seems to happen in my sewing room!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those sandcastles are going to make an amazing quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a great idea to have pieces and parts ready next to the machine so you can sew a little together whenever you get the chance. I'm trying to remember to do that, too. I always love those Sandcastles blocks!

Cathy said...

Every quilt should have some plaid. I really like your addition.

And nice to see you Glittering again!

Angie said...

Hey Glitter blocks! Nice to see you again! Hope you stick around for awhile!

PaulaB quilts said...

Laying out the pieces is a great idea. It’s so easy to get things backwards. I guess I know what I’m talking about. I don’t understand all those block titles, but the Sandcastle’s look great. Have a fun week!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Nice to see a few more 'glitter' blocks! And you've been busy with lots more too, love the 'sandcastle' blocks with the plaid!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Whatever is stacked next to my machine is what gets sewn. So I too am far more successful prepping lots of stacks for multiple projects. It is good to see more glitter blocks BTW.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Louise said...

Good looking blocks in green! I'm looking forward to a new color tomorrow. I'm guessing...purple? Like crocuses? :)

Auntie Em said...

Your "glitter" blocks look difficult. Are they hand pieced?

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Sand Castle blocks all finished and on a design wall, you're going to have a magnificent quilt.