Saturday, April 27, 2019

Aqua's last hurrah

I only got to spend a couple of hours at the sewing machine this week, what with one thing and another.  Luckily I'd already cut out the pieces I needed for the last aqua Sand Castle for April.


I'm ready for a new color!  Hopefully I'll get a little bit more sewing time soon.

In temperature quilt news, I'm caught up with my April goosies.  Here's a week's worth of flying geese waiting to be joined to the April column at left.


Happily, we had two more days in the seventies so I got to add some more yellow to the turquoises and greens.  Of course, today we hovered in the 30's and 40's, so I'll have to use more blues again.  Oh well.  The tide is turning!

And for those of you who might have been concerned about me, I'm truly not starting a Jack's Chain quilt.
Truly.


It's a mere coincidence that some nine patches attached themselves to that big hexagon while other nine patches started milling around shouting "Me!  Me next!"
So, not a Jack's Chain at all.  Simply some very confused nine patches.
Yep.


Linking with soscrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!



14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We had snow today, yuck.I helped my aunt make a Jack's bloc quilt - did a lot of 'fixing' to get the stinker to come out

Chantal said...

This Sandcastle block looks like the beautiful Mediterranean sea lapping a golden sand beach. (I think I need vacation. hehehe.) Doing a tester block is NOT starting a quilt. Nope, not yet. But you're getting there! lol. ;^)

Dorothy said...

Sure -- "confused" 9 patches. :-) :-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

That Chantal is such an enabler. Just LOOK at the trouble she's letting you get up to with your NOT Jack's Chain project!!! LOL

Louise said...

Perhaps you are actually making a Jill's Chain? After all, she's not Jack.

Susie H said...

Those silly 9 patches! They're so confused they're going in circles! Lol!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a good idea to have those Sandcastles pieces cut and ready to go! As for those 9 patches - evidently they're up to no good!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nine patches... never trust anything with an ODD number... ;)

Ann said...

All three of your projects are delightful. I checked String Frenzy from the library and this is my favorite quilt in the book. AND I like your version better. Will follow with great interest.

Cathy said...

I knew you weren't going to start a Jack's Chain! How would you have time while building a beach of Sand Castles? Temperatures here are sure fluctuating. It snowed yesterday on my asparagus, lettuce, spinach, onions, radishes, beets, potatoes,snap peas...

Vicki in MN said...

I have been thinking of making some 9 patches too, just to use my new Accuquilt and scraps!! Your little blocks look so good, what size sqs. did you cut?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thankfully the weather here has been beautiful. Hopefully you don't skip right to the oranges! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap! I wonder what color we will be sewing up next.

Sally Trude said...

Yes, as we learned in chemistry, hexagons forge strong bonds with nine-patches that can only be undone with a seam ripper + energy. Please proceed with caution.

Kate said...

Spring temps can be so fickle, but it should add interest to your quilt right? You really need to whip those 9 patches into line, (or maybe into a hexagon?). Happy stitching this week.