Saturday, April 20, 2019

Still digging for aqua

I found enough aqua to make another Sand Castle


and I even made another Centennial star.


(I keep telling myself I'm done making these star blocks because I probably have plenty, but I keep ignoring myself and making more.)  (It may never end...)  (I may end up with an Extremely Large Quilt.)  (Or two.)

I added the Sand Castle to the design wall where it joined the three other aquas I've made this month.  I've got pieces cut for one more in this color which I plan to get to next week.  At that point I'll sit back and wait for May's color.  (Purple?  Purple would be nice.)  (Or orange.  I like orange)


You can also see my April Goosey Temps column in this picture.  We've still only had one day above 70 degrees, so there's just that one lonely yellow goose.  I'm crossing my fingers that there'll be more warm in the near future!

I'm still plugging along with my demented bits,


though I'm going to have to stop and make some more triangles soon.  That bottomless bag of HSTs is starting to near bottom after all.


Though there's a new distraction.  I've got strips piled next to my machine, just waiting to be assembled into nine-patches.


You know, just in case I ever decide I want to make a Jack's Chain.


Never hurts to be prepared, right?


Linking with Soscrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!





13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Your Demented pile looks a lot like mine. I need to work a bit more variety into my pairs.

Jo said...

You've got lots going on. I want to make a Kacks Chain one day..

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happiness is scrappiness!!!

Wendy F said...

Lots of fun scrapiness! I like your Centennial star, they will make a great quilt (or two).

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to, Gayle! What size are those 9 patches for the Jack's Chain block, in case a person didn't want to make any... :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are hilarious!! You DO know that you are already making a Jack's Chain quilt, right? That's what those 9-Patch blocks are for. It might progress over time, but you are SEW making one!!!

Sally Trude said...

I would think you would have more aqua given how well it plays with orange...but some might say orange plays well with everyone. And yes, I'm glad to see you make a Jack's Chain because I want to make one too but think I'll wait until you've made your third.

Chantal said...

It's hard to believe that the bottomless bag has a bottom after all. Are you sure? :^D How big are the HSTs for Dementia? I absolutely LOVE your Centennial Star in aqua. What a beauty! Love the four Sand Castles together. What's this talk about Jack's Chains again? All I can see is you are cleaning up little bits by turning them into 9-Patches. what's wrong with that? :^D
Enjoy! ;^)

Annette Mandel said...

I'm shocked, shocked to hear you like orange :) a78mandel at yahoo dot com

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I vote for purple too!

Your little nine patches are cute. I think every quilter needs a little stash just in case.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Ann said...

Your Sand Castles always look lovely to me - even better than Bonnie's. Ha. You are very busy with many different blocks. Demented is another I am following with great interest. I hope you had a good Easter.

Susie H said...

You've got a lot of projects going on and they're ALL beautiful.

Clare M said...

I just love,love, love the whole lot that you have going on. It's always nice to feel that you are in such good company. I'm trying to contain myself at the moment so I can finish a GD's quilt and it's awfully hard. Your lovely post makes me want to go play. Hugs