Sunday, November 22, 2015

Oink!

So, I finally untied that pretty bow on my fabric stack from yesterday.
Most of what I got was for stash and for Allietare.




But some was for a particular project I had in mind.  Pigs!


Way back in August, I made an experimental block that I set aside for a future project.
Welcome to the future!
A little sewing, 


a little quilting,


and a little more sewing.
The last scrap of that green background fabric went into making these pockets.


 And tada!


Front, back,


and the inside view.


My Wicked Good Stepmother's* birthday is Tuesday.  She needed a bag for important porky business.
I'm quite taken with it myself.  I hope she likes it.


* A Vermontism:  When something is especially good, it's said to be 'wicked good'.  My stepmother is wicked good.  8)


7 comments:

Ivani said...

oinc oinc oinc, it is adorable. Happy birthday to your stepmother.
Love all the fabrics.
Have a great week

Libby in TN said...

For a minute there I thought pigs were going to overtake the monkeys. Cute bag!

Chantal said...

It is adorable. Even if she is not into pigs, she will love it. I mean who wouldn't. Great job! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We can never have too many tote bags! So cute and a great gift idea!

Vic in NH said...

Ahhh, "wicked good" is all of northern New England, including here in NH, in spite of Mainers trying to lay claim on the expression. Regardless, your porky purse is also definitely wicked good! I like that you used a very light toned porcine for the inside so that she can see better down in the depths. good job all around!

Joanne said...

That is super!! I am sure she will love it and if she doesn't oh well...... Joanne

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your bag! What a perfect gift for a friend who loves pigs, thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!