Saturday, November 14, 2015

Hot diggety doorknobs!

All the blocks are done!  All the blocks are done!
I finished the last two Ohio stars


and popped them into place.


Cue the Happy Dance!
These aren't the last Ohio stars I'll ever make, since it's one of my favorite blocks.  (And I also am getting ready to start another project involving them.)  But I do admit I'm glad to have all the blocks for this quilt done.
And remember yesterday's post, when I was wondering if I would be able to find a fabric that looked like what I had in my mind's eye?
I googled.
I found this print at Fabric.com in under two minutes.


It's almost exactly what I'm looking for.  Like almost mind-readingly exactly.  Stormy raindroppy splatters.

I don't think I'm going to have a problem finding what I want.


Linking with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework - come see all the fun!


10 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is coming along so nicely. I think the gray in the inset triangles is going to be perfect! Getting closer!!

PaulaB quilts said...

BIG congratulations on the finished blocks! It looks like a starry rainbow. And on finding the perfect fabric so fast for the triangles. They will make great storm clouds. Keep up the good work!

Vic in NH said...

Gorgeous quilt top progress on the Ohio Stars! Those last two are pretty enough to stand on their own, but look wonderful in the design. Congrats on finding just the right spatter-gray. Jackson Pollack would be proud of your choice.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This a wonderful quilt top, I just love all the scrappy rainbow colour! Glad you found your fabric.

Cathy said...

I can't believe you found that perfect fabric!!!! What pray tell did you use as your key words in your search??..."perfect gray raindroppy fabric for my rainbow quilt?"

kmkat said...

You think it and it will come.

Libby in TN said...

I like the concept -- raindrops and rainbows. Gonna be great!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The starry fabric you found for your background is going to be perfect! Your rainbow Ohio stars look great! What a great feeling to have them all completed!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love the raindroppy idea - but of course, I'm a sucker for any Batik!

Magpie Sue said...

Woohoo!