Saturday, November 21, 2015

No rainclouds, but fodder for Allietare

My sister-in-law and I set out for our favorite quilt shop this morning, looking for a little stash enhancement.  (It's the pre-holiday sale.  Everything in the store is 25% off.  Including sale items and clearance.  This could be considered a form of entrapment, I think.)
My primary goal was to look for that raincloud fabric that I found on-line.  I try to support my local quilt shops when I can, because I appreciate them being right there handy where I can fondle the fabric see exactly what I'm getting.  Unfortunately, they didn't have what I was looking for, so I'm going to go ahead and order it online.
And I feel that I did my bit to support them...

 
*ahem*

I did find a few things with Allietare in mind.  Which I needed anyway, of course.   Because who has enough reds, blacks, golds, and creams?
And pigs.  Had to buy the fabrics with pigs.  Because pigs.  And because I didn't see any monkeys.

And somehow I found myself checking out with this.  Because I am a sucker for rulers. 


Not because I'm going to start a hexie project.  Absolutely not.  No hexies for me, no way, unh unh, no sir.
I just liked the ruler.  Honest.

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Yeah ... right ... hmmm ... I know, I'm one to talk ....

Chantal L. said...

Lovely fabric.
About the ruler... yea keep telling that to yourself and maybe someday you might believe it ... because we sure don't!! lol. ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I did a bit of fabric buying at my LQS yesterday too. Your stack looks lovely.

You will love that little ruler. I have the full size one and it is a favorite.

PaulaB quilts said...

At least you tried for rain clouds. But look how far ahead you are for 2016. I only have a floor, so I take lots of interim photos, if I remember. Have to admit I did some big online fabric shopping today, got my lime green on super sale, plus a great Crafsy quilt kit half off, rainbow brights and black.

Julierose said...

Oh I find the same thing in our area--only a JoAnne's--which is ok for some things, but sometimes their quality is not so good--and putting in all that work, i want to use the best fabrics...but i do go and try, too.
ADEM: As for that ruler--oh sure, it is so cute how could you not get it--(Alert: somewhere, deep in the recesses of your brain lurks the "Hexie-Monster" rubbing his hands in glee)....lol hugs, Julierose

cityquilter grace said...

oh yeah that is what i said also....only lasts to long, this denial....

cityquilter grace said...

i mean SO long....

Magpie Sue said...

Famous last words, "I just liked the ruler. Honest." Uh huh. ;- )