Sunday, November 29, 2015

Allietare, here I come!

I could have kicked myself today.  With all our company gone, I went down to the Flat to sew, and forgot to bring along a piglet sketch.  I really really really wanted to sew a piglet, but not enough to run back up to the house and start over.
So I started cutting and sewing for Allietare.  Clue 1 is just HSTs of neutrals with the constant gray.


I got 54 of them made and put them into the project box I've set aside for Allietare bits.


I only need 240 more and I'll have clue 1 done.
I should be able to do them as leaders/enders this week, right?
(Optimism is such a character flaw...)



I'm linking up with Oh Scrap!  at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  Come see all the gorgeousness!


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think optimism is a wonderful trait, but 294 HSTs? Holy cow! You go, girl! And have fun!

Vicki in MN said...

Wow that is a lot of HST's for sure, good luck with it. I sure do like your grey fabric. It will be fun to see how they all look in the end.

PaulaB quilts said...

Congrats on a good start on the mystery, nice choice of fabrics. The piggies are sure cute. I checked them out, being nosey. They could grow into quite an addiction because they are so sweet. Enjoy your stitching this week!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That is a lot of HSTs. You are going to need a bigger project box! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap. I hope to see piggies tomorrow!

Libby in TN said...

Since I am not doing the mystery this year, I will have to enjoy it vicariously through bloggers like you. Keep up the good work!

Pat said...

Hi Gayle - I just started cutting for this quilt too - I don't know if you hang out in Ravelry anymore, but the quilting group there has a thread for it. I'm just making 1/2 size since I LOVE the process of a mystery quilt, but sometimes (last year)don't love the quilt :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

(Optimism is such a character flaw...)

TOO funny!!! SEW glad that you will be sewing along with Bonnie's Mystery.

Andee said...

Glad you are joining us!

Vireya said...

Nice start to the mystery! Those piglets are very cute, too.

Saged Crone said...

HA! I've got that optimism too..only have 100 done, have to do the rest this week! Great stuff! Happy Quilting!