Saturday, July 10, 2021

A flimsy excuse

 Huzzah!  Flutterby is a flimsy!


It measures about 52" square, so a small lap quilt or a large baby quilt.  What with the Glitter flimsy last month, that's two Jen Kingwell designs in a row.  Time to file away her book and give another designer a chance, eh?  
Now to decide between finishing a project I've already started or going with one of the umpteen new ideas that are squirreling around in my brain.  What to do, what to do...

In between all the fluttering I got a couple more Cake Stands done.  Our RSC color for July is dark blue or dark neutrals.



I admit the gray above isn't actually "dark", but it's neutral so I'm calling close enough.  I love that feather print.  Since I did a bunch of darkish blues back when light/bright blue was the color, I should probably use this month to scrumble around in my browns, blacks, and grays.  I've got a lovely (though dreary) hoard of those just waiting for a chance to come out and play - maybe it will cheer them up!

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!


17 comments:

Annette Mandel said...

Isn't red a neutral??

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Flutterby a wonderful! Way to go, Gayle!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

"Flutterby" is beautiful! Love the border treatment too.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Flutterfly is a wonderful quilt! For the RSc I'm not sewing darks, I'm also pulling the unloved fabrics to sew, time to get them out of the strip box! Happy stitching!

cityquilter grace said...

ooh i love those cake stand blocks!

Julie in GA said...

Your Flutterby quilt is fantastic! I love the movement of that design.

Libby in TN said...

Love, love, LOVE Flutterby!

Chantal said...

It's a great Flutterby and the border is just perfect. Congrats on this flimsy! Love the fabric in the first cake stand. It would make a great Framed 9-Patch. (No, I have to stop thinking of making that one. It is done now, remember?) (but it was so much fun!) The grey cake stand is lovely too and the feathered grey is a med/dark neutral in my book. So, it's good. Can't wait to see what you will work on next. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a fabulous quilt top finish, Gayle (and bonus points for working on the dark side for the RSC. too!!)

Cherie in St Louis said...

Flutterby is beautiful! It’s beautiful and I love your colors. Those brown black and grey colors are like assistants, they make whatever they are paired with shine all the brighter ;-)

Louise said...

So lovely! Your flimsy is inspiring me to move this pattern up on my to-do list :)

Sally Trude said...

I love flutterby. Thankfully, I’m not licensed to make patchwork with points as sharp as those…

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hurray for a finished quilt top. That usually means you need to start two new project :)

Thanks for sharing your lovely blocks with Oh Scrap!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Wowza! Just beautiful!

Cathy said...

Wow! I think your Flutterby is even better than the one I saw in the book!

Hmmmm, what designer will she choose next? And how many Cake Stands does it take to make a luscious quilt?

Ann said...

Clever border on your flutterby top and a good use of leftover triangles. You will have a king-size collection of cake stands at this rate.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh nice border on Flutterby - congratulations!