Saturday, June 26, 2021

Wrapping up the purple

 June is starting to dwindle away, taking purple with it.  Here's the last of my RSC blocks for the month -

One last Antique Tiles block,


a purple PSP20-21,


and a nice little batch of chips.

As usual, I'm startled by how many of these little gems I end up with by month's end.  I thought I'd only gotten 8 or 10 of them done, so I was surprised that there are really 18!

I thought I'd cut out another purple cake stand or two, but apparently I've buried them somewhere on my cutting table.  While looking for them, I found the parts for this Jacks 'n Sixes that I'd cut out for last month and then misplaced, so I sewed it right up.  Maybe the cake stands will turn up when I'm searching for whatever blocks I manage to lose next month...

And in big happy news, I've got all my Flutterby blocks done and thrown up on the design wall.

After the successful use of Cathy's Random Method for my Glitter top, I went random again while laying out these blocks.  I'll leave them up to look at for a day or two, but I don't see much that I'd want to rearrange.  Given the size of the pieces and the general busyness of the pattern, I don't think moving blocks around would even be noticeable.  I've already got the borders half assembled (More spikes!  Yay!), so I'm well on the way to a completed top.

And I can hear those squirrels starting to rustle around behind me.  Uh oh....


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come enjoy some scrappy goodness!





13 comments:

Chantal said...

That a pretty Antique Tile. Love that one. Those chips are multiplying like rabbits! And your wall of Flutterby blocks is sooooo AWESOME. Oh, I want one too! Very scrappiness and happy. Love, love, love! ;^)

cityquilter grace said...

lovin those chips blocks!

MissPat said...

Wow, you plowed through the Flutterby blocks in warp speed. And, yes, with a top this scrappy, random works just fine.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh wow on the Flutterby blocks! That makes an amazing design, Gayle! And zooming in, it looks like a fairly simple block. I love when that happens!

Cathy said...

Wow! I cannot believe you have the blocks for Flutterby finished already. Warp speed says Miss Pat. (Is there a weft speed?) That's one of the patterns from the book I haven't made yet. I might have to give it a go.

I'm kind of jealous of all your Chips this month. They look gorgeous in purple. I'm not sure I even made any little chips this month.

Ivani said...

Flutterby blocks look fantastic!
Glad you found the block.
Those purple chips seems to be a lot of fun.
Happy new sewing week, Gayle.

Jenny said...

Love those little chip blocks, I must give them a try one day soon!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Perfectly purple!

Mystic Quilter said...

Isn't it amazing to find little surprises on your cutting table! I've loved watching the purple progress through the month, what's the colour for July? Congratulations on having those gorgeous Flutterby blocks up on the wall!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your 'flutterby' blocks, they look so good all together up on the design wall!

Ann said...

How nice to be creating a stack of parts for future quilts. And the flutterbys look lovely. So cheerful. The changing angles look like curves. Fun.

Vireya said...

Love how the Flutterby blocks look when you put them all together. That's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Nancy said...

I love the chips blocks. What sizes are the pieces? They look pretty small but it's hard to tell from a photo sometimes.