Sunday, April 12, 2020

Ready for round three

I sewed like the wind today and got the latest round of Bonnie Hunter's Unity mystery quilt done so I'll be ready for Clue 3 tomorrow.  Can't wait to see what's next!



I'm happy with the red/blue/brown cholor scheme I've got going on for this quilt.

And even with all that blue all over my cutting mat, I only got one block done for the RSC this week.


This is another of the blocks that I thought I was done making, but clearly I'm wrong about this one, too.

Unless I've accidentally started another quilt?


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the scrappy fun while you stay safe and healthy!

12 comments:

Claire said...

The colors are working very well together. I always fear they won't when doing a mystery.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on using a bit of your BLUE scraps to make a block for the RSC!! I like the brown in your Unity quilt. It's SEW un-Gayle-like and much more tame than your usual BOLD style!

cityquilter grace said...

love the color choices as well....can always use more brown ideas...

Chantal said...

Love your Unity block. Good job on getting it all done in time for the next round. enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your reds, blues, and browns together, too - pretty combination! Your RSC block is one of my favorites! Start a new quilt? Why not?! 😘

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's pretty wild! I love it!

Louise said...

Your mystery is looking great! So glad to hear you're "sewing like the wind"! That sound fun :)

Ann said...

You're having fun. I like medallion quilts and you've chosen lovely fabrics.

Sally Trude said...

I am very happy to see you build medallion quilts...I remember the Marston one quite fondly. I will be doubly impressed if by the outer border you have transitioned to orange. Meanwhile, trying to start new quilts seems to have stopped me in my tracks...whatever that means.

Cathy said...

So far...so good even though you must be a little winded from sewing like the wind. Here we are having some very strong and gusty winds. I do like the colors you have chosen.

Nancy said...

I love your blue and white block. Maybe it IS the beginning of another quilt? I wouldn't be surprised!
Great job keeping up with the Unity blocks.

Susie H said...

Your Unity Quilt looks great and by now (since I'm so tardy for this RSC party) you've got your 3rd round on! Love your RSC block and the fact that the RSC color is your background. Hmmmm...... you're giving me ideas for next year's RSC!