Saturday, April 4, 2020

Another day, another doodad

Our new color for the RSC is blue - the lights and the brights.


I had some leftover blue triangles sitting right on my cutting mat, thanks to Bonnie Hunter's new SAH mystery.  I grabbed some orange triangles to set them off (because nothing sets off blue quite so well as orange) (actually nothing sets off any color quite so well as orange) and there's the first April Doodad.

Speaking of Bonnie's Unity, here's the center of the medallion on my design wall, complete with 1.5" neutral border.


You'll notice the design wall has a Conspicuous Lack of Sand Castles.

That's because they're currently partially webbed and heaped all over my chair and ironing board.


Seven columns down and one to go!  Then I can start sewing the rows together.  Getting closer!


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come admire the rainbows!





7 comments:

Chantal said...

You are 100% right; nothing set of any color better than Orange! WhooHoot for Sandcastle coming all together. I never sew the webbing way. To have all the pieces following on the side of my sewing machine drives me nuts. But good for you if you can do it. ;^D I love your medallion block. Stay safe, my friend! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your center for the Unity quilt along! That is very tempting to join in with... 😍

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ooooh - Sandcastles is going to be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Susie H said...

Fabulous job on Sandcastles!!!! Unity looks good too. I guess I'd better decide my colors and get that center done before tomorrow's next clue! Have a safe week!

Kathy S. said...

Hooray for a big spot on the design board. I know your sand castle blocks are going to look great. Just keep sewing...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Go, Gayle, go!!!

kmkat said...

Go reds! Go blues!