Saturday, March 7, 2020

First teal Saturday

I dug into the mound of triangles left over from making all those flying geese and pulled out a bunch of aqua ones.  A few quick seams and I had three more doodads.


 I've still got a great plenty of turquoise/aqua/teal triangles, so these won't be the last for the month.

One of my goals this spring is to finish Sand Castles, which was my RSC quilt for last year.  (Well, maybe finish the Sand Castles top anyway.)  (Let's be realistic here)
When last I looked, I still needed two more blocks.  (Unless I've miscounted)  (Again)  Here's the penultimate block almost done.


I'll liberate the strippy corners from their papers and finish the block next time I sew.


One more to go!   (But maybe I'd better pull out the Sand Castles bin and count up the blocks before I get too excited...)


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come see all the rainbow fun!

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Well, dang, you've gotten me in trouble again! I have a bunch (more like MOUNDS) of string blocks looking for a home. Now I see what I should be doing with them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those Sand Castles blocks are SUCH a process, aren't they?! Doo dads are looking good in AQUA.

Louise said...

Count twice, sew once? Count fifteen times, sigh, sew again? If you're like me, you then find a sneaky block hidden among a different project, usually after the original thing is finished.

Chantal said...

Good for you; you got to play with Aqua. That's something to be proud of when one is as busy as you are with the temperature quilt. Have you seen Maggie's Sandcastle? If not, read this post; it will make you laugh and maybe you can relate.
http://www.makingalather.com/2020/02/sand-castle-finish.html
Anywho! Just looking at her finished Sandcastle is enough to make me want to have one too. Maybe it will encourage you to finish yours. Good luck. ;^)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Still love those sandcastles!

Susie H said...

Your Sand Castles will make such a beautiful quilt. I've enjoyed watching the creation over these past months. Good start on the teals too!

QuiltGranma said...

Looking forward to see what the finish will be.