Sunday, March 8, 2020

Building Castles in the Air

Or rather, building castles in the sand.  In between the endless triangles for the Frolic borders,


I managed to make the final push for Sand Castles.

Allow me to introduce Block 63 and Block 64:


Yay!  The gang's all here!

I've started squaring up the blocks (the triangle corners are made oversized to allow for any wonkiness in the stringiness) and as soon as my temperature quilt is off the design wall, I'll be starting the grand dithering process of their final arrangement.

And speaking of the temperature quilt, I have a plan:


Notice the extensive calculations and attention to detail!  This is obviously going to work!  (Because we all know my plans always work, right?)  (Wish me luck!)

Linking with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the scrappy goodness!


8 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am looking forward to seeing the sand castle blocks all together.

I laughed when I saw your paper note. I am always finding notes I made in my sewing room. Not only do I rarely know what project they are for, but I can't always decipher what they say. I guess I at least get a point that I made notes!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Bonnie said...

I love your calculations! I hope they work better than mine. Good luck!

Mystic Quilter said...

That's a heck of a lot of triangles!! Can't wait to see your Sand Castle blocks all laid out, great scrappy pattern.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, so close with the Sand Castle block finish. Love those, but I don't want to make them. Hey, I scribble, calculate, and math on every little piece of paper - and then get confused about what was I doing for which project.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Did you seriously COUNT all the pieces in your Sand Castle quilt top?!! (If so, make sure to add the pieces needed to put the number and year on the quilt.)

Preeti said...

Either the plan will work or you will have a really funny story :-)
Your blocks are pretty so I have a good feeling about the final finish.

Chantal said...

Congratulations for getting all the Sand Castles blocks done. (We need to celebrate the little steps more often because most of them are big steps.) Love the colours. Frolic is getting a border. Hooray! (Another big step done.) Hope you remember what all those abbreviations mean. Good luck. ;^)

Ann said...

Every time I see Sand Castles I find them more lovely. What a great pattern. Enjoy yourself.