Saturday, June 18, 2016

Aqua, teal, turquoise - not your ordinary pigs

Still far from the stash (and my ruler collection, which I inexplicably left behind when I came for this visit...), so I'm continuing with June's piglets in turquoise.  Or aqua.  



 This little stripey fellow has the aqua and lime green already combined!


And there's a pushy little monkey, as usual, clamoring to be included.


Just can't say no to a monkey.

I've been diligently working on my 365 Challenge blocks, but I'm pretty much giving up hope of ever catching up.  My new goal is to finish, no matter how long it takes.  My 365 Challenge will just last a little longer than 365.  A 459 Challenge?  712? 

And my little piles of Glitter bits continue to grow.


Because as long as I have a piece of fabric in my hand, I might as well make it glitter, right?



Linking with So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come see all the watery blue fun!


14 comments:

Ivani said...

wow those piglets are so fun, love them all.
the little monkey block looks great.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

At least you're prepared for sewing without rulers! I'm impressed! I always enjoy seeing the pigs and monkeys who are joining your collection - they will make quite a group!

Julierose said...

Oh such cute piglets---I am STILL (sigh) trimming Cassidy's wonkified blocks to an even 10.5" I know I'll NEVER buy precuts again after this debacle....hugs, Julierose

Turid said...

Hey, your piglets are so cute. I made two, green and aqua, but they are gone. Same with the other ones I've made before. Can't find them here. Hope they'll return some day.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

If a pig has feathers... does that mean it can fly?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gayle and the story of the Three Little Pigs being chased by a naughty Monkey...

To be continued. :P

Chantal said...

LOL. Love the piglet / rooster one. What's next? Piglet with fish scales? It doesn't matter, they are all beautiful. I vote for 712 Challenge, as I need the extra weeks too lol. Enjoy! ;^)

Deb A said...

I was expecting a house of straw, sticks and brick to go with them. =) Great piggies.

Sally Trude said...

I may be confused...but isn't your 365 project to start 365 new quilts this year. And I thought you were already half way there.

Mystic Quilter said...

You must surely be running low on supplies by now with all those blocks! Super little pigs again. When are you back home?

PaulaB quilts said...

Will those feathers be sturdy enough to lift that piglet off the ground...maybe hanggliding might work. Your striped piggie is dressed identically in the same beach umbrella fabric I used last week. I think he wears it well. Have fun with your menagerie this week.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Nope not your ordinary pigs... but so very cute!

Angie said...

Too funny - I'm reading through the comments and I think there's a story in there somewhere! The striped piglet makes me think of bacon-flavored candy...or some kind of bacon-flavored confection...

Anonymous said...

Don't give up! I found the 365 challenge just a few weeks ago from your blog and got started. I am 2 or 3 days shy from finishing January's blocks. If I can catch up, you can, too! I love watching your piggies and monkeys come to life. :)

Melissa in Cibolo, TX