Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Don't know much about MacIntosh, don't know much laptoppy-speak...

What a wonderful world it would be...
(Some of you may now have a song stuck in your head.  You're welcome.)

Having a wonderful time!  I'm going to try to post some pictures.






Did it work?  (I think it did!  Nobody breath...)

We went to the National Zoo in Washington DC on Saturday, the whole gang of us.  My daughter and son-in-law, their two kids, my brother and sister-in-law, their son and his wife, and me.  Party of nine to see pandas, please.
The baby was having a nap, so all we saw was baby panda butt lolling on a log jungle gym in the outside enclosure.   But inside, the grownups were having afternoon tea, so we watched closely as they munched bamboo and





ate panda snacks out of a trick snack ball.  (The ball was designed to give them an activity, but this panda was way too smart for that.  He just laid on his back and shook the snacks out into his mouth.)

We also watched orangutans crossing way overhead on rope lines.





That last guy perched there for several minutes, posing for the many people taking pictures.  Though the way he was staring at us, it was a little unclear just who exactly was on exhibit.

And then I apparently put my camera back in its case and completely forgot about it as we spent the afternoon looking at all sorts of wonderful critters.

I did remember to haul it out when I saw these wild pigs, though.


Because, you know.  Pigs.





3 comments:

Chantal said...

Welcome back to blogland. Thought you were having too much fun elsewhere to remember us lol. Sounds like you had a great day with the gang. Not surprise to see a picture of a piglet ... uhmmm pig! Enjoy your stay. ;^)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love zoos! Glad you're having a good time. (And I totally understand the pig thing - I have a habit of taking pictures of chickens while on vacation)

kmkat said...

Is there anything cuter than a panda being cute? I think not.