Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finally done with the garden

Madman was a little startled that I had posted about our little "incident" the other day.
("You didn't really blog about that, did you?" "Sweetie, how could I NOT?")
So, to make it up to him, I made him his favorite dessert:

Maple Apple Crisp! Not a great picture, but sure is tasty... The first time I made this for him, I thought he was going to propose, which, considering we've been married for over 10 years, is a pretty big thumbs up...

We also processed the last of the tomatoes of the year. These are the ones that we brought in green the day we decided to give up heating the hoophouse. They've been ripening all this time, and were finally red enough to use. They won't have the full flavor that the vine-ripened ones had, but I just put them up as chopped tomatoes to be used as a throw-in when I'm making something that needs a few tomato bits to perk it up.
And that officially ends the 2008 garden.

1 comment:

Anna M said...

Heck, when my husband does a doofus he *tells* me to blog about it! He loves being blog fodder *lolol*