I did manage to get a red Jacks block done in the midst of the chaos.
And a couple of cute little red buckeyes happened, too.
Here's a fun fact that I don't know if anyone else has pointed out yet: if you take four buckeye beauties (sorry, I could only find three for the pic) and lay them out like this -
you'll have a block identical to Bonnie Hunter's new leader/ender challenge, the Jewel Box Star. I feel so ahead of the game since I've been making these buckeyes for a couple of years now for RSC. Though I'm afraid if I use the Jewel Box Stars as leader/enders for my Buckeye Beauty quilt... well, I'm just hoping I don't tear a rip in the fabric of reality.
I am seriously thinking of folding the completed buckeyes into this challenge, though. It's the only way I'll ever finish, I'm afraid.
As long as I had the reds on the cutting mat, I tried to recreate the improv chicks I want to use in my Cluckers quilt. (And I was horrified to find that my last blog post about that quilt was last September! Argh!)
And then, since green had gotten short shrift back in March, I rummaged through my greens and made one of Sally T's racing chickens to add to the flock.
Luckily my block map with notes wasn't buried under a
I've heard being organized is quite pleasant - I hope I get there some day.
Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh, Scrap! Come see red with us!