Saturday, June 23, 2018

For the rows are long, and the points are many

Long rows.


Extremely long rows.

And points.


Many, many points.   Points of extreme pointiness.
It's slow-going with this part.

And as if the rows weren't long enough, when I got them mostly assembled and all laid out,


I had a terrible thought.  A truly terrible thought.

"Wouldn't it be great if this quilt was a little bigger?"

Or at least longer.
So I slid down the blocks at one end and opened up room for a row in the middle.


Yeah.  I'm going to be a whole lot happier with that.  (My granddaughter is tall.   Not like tall-tall, but tall-for-our-family-tall.)
Luckily I already had some already-assembled bits left over, and I've got a bunch of triangles and diamonds all cut and ready to go.


Easy peasy.  Right?  (Or should that be 'famous last words'?)

And since I've got scads of turquoise/aqua/blue-green all over the cutting table, I can carry on a bit with the June RSC color.  Here's my Squared Away block,


and a Jacks and a Buckeye.


Then, since I'd somehow overlooked making a Squared Away for March, and there was a ton of green still out for Sea of Tranquility, it was short work to get that block done.


(Now I just need to figure out what others I've missed.  Not to mention figuring out where I've put the blocks I've actually done.  I'm sure they're in a perfectly safe place...)
And just for grins, and because I had green to play with anyway, I threw together another Jacks block.


You can never have too much green in your rainbow!

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the scrappy fun!

16 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It's looking good and I know you will be happier with the longer length.

Sally Trude said...

Or maybe its such a beautiful quilt, you want to live with it a little longer...

Kate said...

Luckily you were able to just fit in another row in the middle. It's going to be a beautiful quilt. You got in lots of scrappy stitching time this weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks to me like your rows and points are going together really well! That's going to be beautiful, Gayle!

Chantal said...

I think you are hooked on making Sea of Tranquility blocks and just don't want to give up, lol. Enjoy it while you can because the end is near. Love your other blocks too. Have I heard it right? Are the Jacks calling my name? ;^)

Jo said...

Looks like you caught up on a lot of sewing. I see seas of green / Aqua & blue. The longer size is a good idea.

Cathy said...

That takes a lot of discipline to change plans, especially when it means more work, near the end of a project. good for you in going with your gut! It’s looking wonderful. She will love this quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It will be worth the additional work. This quilt is going to be amazing.

But I did have quite a chuckle. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Angie said...

LOL - your "little bit bigger" thought reminds me of me! Sounds like you have it all under control, though!

Quiltdivajulie said...

... just keep stitching ... you can do it!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Long but beautiful! It's a great idea to make it longer ;)) Have fun with all those points! Beautiful RSC blocks too

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think adding an extra row was a good choice. LOVE all of the TEAL floating around in your sewing room!!! (And she is going to love that quilt, too.)

Mystic Quilter said...

I think the addition of another row was a brilliant idea, beautiful colours of the ocean.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

keep on stitching those pointy points and long rows! They look beautiful, and keep on sewing all those extra blocks too. I just finished the last row of my on point quilt so I know exactly what you are talking about, except that my points aren't that pointy.

Lori said...

You can NEVER have too much green! Love your points and how you're going to make it a bit longer.

Katie Z. said...

Wow! It’s beautiful.