Sunday, June 3, 2018

test... test... one, two, 2048...

I'm using a Chromebook and trying to learn it on the fly.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I've successfully transferred the images from my camera to the computer, and that I'll be able to then post the pictures here.


Did it work?  Did it work?

Woohoo!!!

Alrighty then.

I'm off on a visit to my daughter's house, and have dragged along as much of my stash as I could fit in their car.  Sea of Tranquility is standing by to be laid out (there's a really big floor here where the layout will be easy!) and I packed up Totally Demented for the trip.  Checkerboard Rails is in one of my bags, along with a few things for several bag-making projects I've got planned.

Cathy posted about her triangles for her version of Garden Mosaic, (which I'm calling Totally Demented, because seriously, go look at that thing) and she's being very organized and counting her triangles and everything.  (And Sally T is being even more organized - go see!)
Me, I'm just making heaps and heaps of triangles without counting them, because I think I might get discouraged if I ever stopped to calculate how many more I needed.  There's absolutely no down side to having gazillions of triangles, so why worry?
I've been making quite a few of these HSTs with 2.5" squares, as you can see in the photo above.  I have tons of 2.5" strips already on hand, and can augment my supply of squares really easily.  Bonus is that I get two HSTs per square,


so with a little trimming up, I feel like I'm zooming along.

Here's a look at my progress so far:


I've got a bunch of 2" squares with me, ready to assemble a block or two when I feel like I've got a confident number of triangles.  Little by little...

Linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  I'm about four weeks late to the party, I think!



15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Good to hear from you! There's no way I'm going to even THINK about totally demented ... at least for a ear and by then there will some other new shiny thing to get my attention. Have a great time with DD!

Chantal said...

So happy to hear from you. I thought you were completely buried under a ton of HSTs and wouldn't come up for air before Pumpkin Season.
When I have a project with a gazillions of something, I need to keep track. Those little lines in group of ten on the blackboard is my spur to keep the march going. We all have different methods don't we? Enjoy your visit and come back to blog-land soon. ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great to see you back at Oh Scrap! I just figured you were waist deep in scraps and sewing your way out. Now I know you are knee deep in HSTs :)

Sally Trude said...

I'm so glad you are back to your blog. Due to my severe allergy to HSTs, however, I can't look at your post too long. Plus, there is a pony between me and the keyboard. And no, I'm not keeping track either. I just cut enough bat-wing triangles for the panel I'm making that day.

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

I like your "no counting yet" method. You can enjoy the sewing and trimming and nicely building stacks of HSTs without any pesky accounting :)
louise dot hornor at gmail

Cathy said...

Welcome back! I thought you might have given up quilting.

I'm not going to make one more 2 inch HST than I have to so I am compelled to keep count. I made it an official blog goal with target numbers so I know I will be forced to move forward or admit to being a failure!! I don't like admitting defeat although I will admit to being totally demented!!

Kate said...

Enjoy the trip to your daughters. Have a nice visit.

audrey said...

Sometimes its fun to have a project that we only want to look at what's happening in real time and not look too far ahead.:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Someday, when you do count, you'll completely amaze yourself! Until then, just keep sewing!

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, it looks to me like you have plenty of HST's already! Enjoy your time with your daughter!

Mystic Quilter said...

Glad to see you're organized with stash and other necessities for you visit with your daughter - have a lovely time!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

have fun on your visit!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I too have never counted, and am usually pleasanly surprised! My daughter on the other hand, knows exactly where she is at any given time, sewing related! Enjoy your little holiday.

Nancy said...

Yes, "Totally Demented" works for a name. I just looked at the pattern again. The design is so subtle but there they are, diamonds and a star or two. I don't think I would count, either, but be like you and just keep sewing triangles for about a gazillion years! Keep having fun, Gayle!