When it came time to make a chicken block this week (I'm getting behind on my cluckers!), I reached for my stack of scrappy strips in this month's RSC color - yellow.
Then, as I thought more about yellow and chickens, it occurred to me that yellow chickens could easily be chicks. So, lacking a pattern for a chick, I decided to wing it. (Sorry...)
I cut pieces from 2.5" strips and from 1.5" strips, and just slapped them together.
A little squaring up, and I had a couple of cute chicks.
Though that little fellow at the top of the photo bothered me a bit. His head had a bit of a lumpy-grumpy look.
So I grabbed Lumpy and did an emergency forehead transplant.
There. That's better.
But when I set him down next to his little buddy Buzzy..
it looks like Buzzy will need surgery, too.
A while back, a very dear friend and I were joking about names for this chicken quilt. I laughingly suggested something that would necessitate adding some chicks in with the hens. Naturally, she double-dog-dared me. So, now that I've added the chicks, I just might have to name this quilt "Mother Cluckers". (A double-dog-dare is a double-dog-dare, after all!)
Linking with Angela at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday. Come watch us play with our best yellows!