Thursday, November 20, 2008

If I can think of anything for this post, I'll only have 10 to go...

When I decided to start a blog, I procrastinated for about 2 years before I actually got around to it. As a matter of fact, I thought I should name it "procrastiknitter", but it turned out someone was already using that name. (Clearly she didn't deserve it, since she hadn't procrastinated nearly long enough to be entitled to it... i.e. longer than me.)
My original intent was to post once or twice a week, maybe more often if the mood struck. Instead, I sometimes let weeks go by without a post. It wasn't that there was nothing to post about - I'd often think "oh, what great blog fodder!" over the course of the week, but wouldn't get around to actually planting my butt in the chair and making something of it.
When I signed myself for NaBloPoMo, I was hoping it would be enough of a kick in the aforementioned butt to get me in the habit of seeing bloggable and blogging.

I sure wish I had taken some notes between January and October...

The thrummed mittens are currently in time-out. I've knit the thumbs, but they don't match. I have no idea which one I screwed up... This, of course, is the only part of the pattern that all I had to do was follow it as written. *sigh*

1 comment:

Joansie said...

Gayle, it's tough posting on a regular basis. When I was on Yahoo 360, I posted every day for months but then I had lots of knitting projects already completed. Here in Vermont, it's tough to take pictures when the lighting is so bad in the wintertime.