Saturday, March 20, 2021

March seems to be full of Glitter

Glitter, glitter, everywhere...


as well as a few odds and ends,


and a couple of cake stands, too!  (And more glitter, because glitter glitter glitter)


It's a little unclear which is a leader/ender for what at this point.  But as long as the blocks keep turning up on my ironing board, I'm rolling with it!


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the pretties!

(In that variety shot, you'll see 3 nine patches for my Jack's Chain, 2 Easy Peasy/Breezy blocks, a couple of green Chips (I've got more which I'll gather for a group pic at the end of the month) and a Jacks block that I made from squares and triangles I had left over from cutting too many Sand Castles 2 blocks)  (Not that I have a lot of ongoing projects or anything)  (I also made a metric butt-ton of four-patches and HSTs but I didn't bother to photograph them)

16 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bits of GREEN scattered throughout. Yay, Gayle!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's what happens to me, too - chain piecing multiple blocks at one sitting. Can't tell which are the leaders and enders at all! You're making lots of fun blocks!

Chantal said...

I love the Glitters. Bring more! Lol. Jack & Nines looks very smart with numbers all over it. You seem to have gathered some sewing momentum. Very beautiful progress on all your projects ... or should I say "on most" on your projects, lol. Take care. ;^)

Cathy said...

Hey, it’s fun to go in several different directions at once! It forces you to concentrate and keeps the brain churning (that’s my story and I’m sticking with it). Great blocks - looking forward to seeing your production roundup this month!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

So many cool blocks!

Donnie said...

Nice blocks! And I have that green zucchini fabric, too. It’s like having a mutual friend.

MissPat said...

Lots of little lovelies here. I know I should sew today, but the sun is shining and it's going to be 60 today, so I'll probably go outside and putter around cleaning up winter garden debris. And it's the day after my second shot and I'm feeling no side effects (yet), so hopefully I'm in the clear on that count. Life is good.
Pat

Cathy said...

Oh, what a wonderful assortment...like a box of chocolates. I always like to glance at all the fabrics. I see a few I have had in the past and some I'd like to have. I guess it doesn't take much to amuse me. Throw a big scrappy quilt in front of me and I'll stay busy for hours looking around at all the fabrics.

Oh, and that's my favorite kind of Glitter!

Ann said...

Your glitter blocks will make a wonderful quilt and currently make a great project. Have fun.

Sally Trude said...

Oh dear. I have had Jack’s chain on the brain again after seeing Cathy’s most recent one. And given how much time I am spending with a chainsaw...this is a very tempting squirrel.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So much scrappy goodness Gayle. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

Mystic Quilter said...

You must a good stack of Glitter blocks by now Gayle, how much further do you have to go? I admired the quilt in Jen Kingwell's Quilt Lovely book but didn't think I would have the staying power if I began - yours are looking lovely.

Jeanne said...

Nice assortment! I have Glitter simmering in my mind for later this summer.

Louise said...

Lots of great blocks! But I'm confused: is a metric butt-ton larger or smaller than an Imperial butt-ton? How many butt-pecks in a butt-bushel?

Susie H said...

Way to keep the green blocks rolling along! Very productive!

Ivani said...

Great variety of beautiful blocks Gayle. You are very productive!