Sunday, October 4, 2020

Yay - finished with red!

 And now on to the RSC color for October - yellow!

I'd cut squares for a yellow postage stamp ages ago, so that one went together quickly.


So quickly in fact, that I felt a little guilty about how easy it was, so I cut more squares for another one, this time in a deeper shade of yellow.


Meanwhile I got a cake stand assembled, too.


And that's where I stood three days in to the new month - a postage stamp and a half, and a cakestand done already.  October is looking up.  I'll be pulling my bin of yellows to see what else I can come up with. 

(Yellow was my mother's favorite color, so I feel like I should really commit to it when its turn comes up!)

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  I love to see all the scrappy goodness!



11 comments:

Julierose said...

I do love those Postage blocks--(they are on my short list) and your cake stands are so lovely...nice work hugs, Julierose

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am not a big fan of yellow but I di enjoy sewing with it this week - such a happy color. I almost started some cakestand blocks but then Cathy shared her flower baskets...Now I am back in the decision stage. Whew!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Chantal said...

She's on a roll with yellow! Go, Gayle, go! Love that cake stand. I love yellow. It makes me smile. Have a great yellow week. ;^)

Libby in TN said...

A little bit of yellow will make a quilt sparkle. But it's hard to do a lot.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun to get the yellows out! I love the cakestand block with its wild background!

Cathy said...

Go, Gayle, Go!
Hope to see lots of yellow bits and pieces in mom's fav color this month! Good start with that wild Cake Stand and PSP20s.

Nann said...

Isn't it great to get the month's projects started promptly? I am partial to cake stands....

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are definitely off to a bright YELLOW start with October's Color of the Month, Gayle. Enjoy!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the latest Cake Stand block, the yellow goes so well with the Tula Pink Eden fabric.

Nancy said...

I think it's so wonderful that you're committed to yellow because it was your mom's favorite color. I especially like your cake stand.

Ann said...

What fun to simply sew some blocks. Changing colors monthly keeps your interest up, too. These are charming.