Saturday, September 14, 2019

A summer's worth of geese all aflutter

Here's my design wall, after a concerted effort to do some catching up.


That's a whole summer of geese - May through August - for my temperature quilt, all done up and sassy.  There are even three geese for the first three days of September at upper right.

I've got a tray full of pieces cut out for the missing RSC summer colors,


and I managed to get a few blocks sewn up as far as the lozenge section.  They'll just need their scrappy triangles sewn onto the corners to be ready to join the other blocks in their plastic tub.


But wait - what happens if I pull back a little on that last photo?


What are all those black on white prints doing on my cutting table?


Shhhh...  Don't tell anyone...  I've started another project.


Meet Sand Castles II - in black, white, gray, and red - for my grandson.  (His favorite color scheme)

Because of course I want to make TWO Sand Castle quilts...


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  I've been missing those linkups!

15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Ooh, that's going to be fun!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hello, Gayle! You've been missed! Your geese are wonderful, and I also love the new Sandcastles plan. Lucky grandson!

Chantal said...

Looking at the geese, I can see that July wasn't a very hot month. Or is yellow hotter than red? Will you make a legend on the label so you remember what temp each color stands for?
A second Sandcastle? Ooooohhh! Can't wait to see more of this one as the colors are just wonderful together. Enjoy! ;^)

Dorothy said...

I have missed you. Love the geese and the colors for the Sand Castles. Always good to see someone use colors other than Bonnie's for her patterns. BTW I saw your "pig race" quilt at our WA state fair. The quilts were hung so high, I couldn't see if the quilter gave you credit. I sure hope so.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a joy to see you busy with all these projects!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, these Sand Castle blocks are amazing!

Jayne said...

I've always been fascinated with temperature quilts, never made one but love seeing them. The fact that you are using geese is even more exciting!

Louise said...

Oh, I really like the Sand Castles in red, white and black! Such a classic color combo. Good for you on getting caught up. Sounds like you're feeling good and rarin' to go :)

Jeanne said...

I really like the geese!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is just so easy for fabric to sneak under the needle and a new project get started - especially with all those great scraps nearby. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

So happy to see your posts again. They are so inspiring!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I can't blame you on those sandcastles - they are amazing!

Magpie Sue said...

It's good to see you catching up a bit. Why am I not surprised to see a new project on the cutting table? ;-)

Cathy said...

I was wondering if you were going to be able to catch up on that temp quilt. I should have tried one this year because we have had record lows and record highs as well as record setting flood crests. That would make for a lot of variation.

Your grandson has good taste in color combos. What a nice gram you are building Sand Castles for him.

Sally Trude said...

The geese are amazing...I just might have to try something similar. It seems to have the same effect as a rainbow quilt where things seem kind of blah to start and then bazinga... And it's nice of you to make another sand castle for you grandson with modern sensibilities.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you are doing a good job of catching up, Gayle! TWO Sand Castle quilts? LOVE that new one for your grandson! I'm sure he is going to love it, as well.