Sunday, January 13, 2019

Well, now that THAT little clusterfluffle is out of the way...

 Argh.  That was fun.  I don't know why I suddenly had a picture uploading issue, but clearing my cache seems to have fixed it, so there.

Onwards!

January's RSC color is red, and I made another Sand Castle block.


And I liked it so much that I made another.


My tally so far is one orange block and three reds.  (And don't tell anyone, but I've got squares and triangles cut for two blue blocks and another orange.  It's way too easy to cut ahead when I've got strips right there on the cutting table.)

Remember when I thought I might have enough Centennial stars made and it was time to start thinking about a finish?
Yeah, I was wrong.  Apparently I'm still making stars.


Why stop now?

In Good Fortune news, I'm still assembling blocks,


and in between I've been sewing together border bits, just to see how it'll look.


The verdict is - it'll look great!  I'm a big border fan anyway, and these just tickle me no end.  I'll keep puttering along with this quilt - not in any big kind of hurry, but just squeezing it in between other priorities.  I'm going to be very happy with it in the end!


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday (late again!) and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the scrappy fun!

I'll also be linking with Bonnie's Quiltville Good Fortune Linky Party when it goes live.  Can you believe that some people already have their Good Fortunes done?!? 


14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like those Sand Castle blocks! They are perfect for a scrappy block. I got my copy of String Frenzy yesterday - there's an awful lot of fun to be had in there! Your Good Fortune looks great, too!

Sally Trude said...

You shouldn't be too amazed at how far along people are with Good Fortune because you are quite far along...especially going with the full border treatment...not to mention building sand castles and filling the sky with stars.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Fabulous!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Busy, busy! Everything looks SEW lovely.

Quilting Babcia said...

Those sandcastle blocks look like fun to make, especially for those of us with a ton of strings and 4-patch blocks already made up. I think I see another squirrel coming my way!

Chantal said...

Love Sandcastle blocks. Love the snowflakes on red. Cute! And the second one, I do have that red fabric or maybe I had that. I loved it so much I'm pretty sure I ran out. Enjoy Good Fortune's border. I know you are getting a kick out of it. ;^)

Nancy said...

I love your Sand Castle blocks. What is its finished size? I've seen others making these, too. Is it part of a Bonnie Hunter sew-along, or where are you guys getting the pattern? Glad you solved the problem of uploading photos. What's a quilt block without photos?!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Isn't it great to have RSC blocks to sew again? I might have to start another new block design. Love yours! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Ann said...

These are coming along well. I have several in progress but usually find most stall while I work on one. Sigh.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

All of these look great. I admire your border ideas and follow through! I’m usually looking for ways to avoid borders;).

maggie fellow said...

sandcastle is on my list for this year - your blocks are great

Raewyn said...

I love those sandcastle blocks. I've yet to decide on my RSC block for the year. Your mystery quilt also looks great...they seem a lot of sewing but well worth it :-)

Vireya said...

It all looks great! I did not enjoy assembling all the borders on this mystery, but I was happy with them when they were done. It's the most complex border I've ever made.

Kate said...

Those Sand Castle blocks are gorgeous and look like good scrap busters too. Your Good Fortune is looking fabulous too.