Monday, January 8, 2018

Finally a sewing day, and I spent it at Ringo Lake

Today was warm enough that I finally felt like venturing out to go to my studio.  (Yay for double-digit temperatures!)  (Well, double-digit in the positive range, anyway, as opposed to the negative.)  (Tired of those double negatives, I tell ya!)
Bonnie's rapid-fire release of clues at the end of the year caught me completely flat-footed.  I still have a lot of components to sew, but I got a block sewn together today, and laid out the corner to see how it was going to work.


I'm going to like it!

I've been admiring everyone's efforts at the last linky party at Bonnie's house
Some people already have completed tops, or even completed quilts. 
I have a block.
I'm going to need another sewing day...



10 comments:

Chantal said...

Congratulations! You manage to do a lot on your sewing day. I like what I see too. You'll have a beautiful quilt in no time, I'm sure. Enjoy the double positive digit. Ummm ... positive double digit? Oh whatever! Just enjoy! ;^)

Ann said...

I'm glad you had a sewing day. I like the colors Bonnie chose this year and hope yours progresses quickly.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's looking pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like how your block is coming together, Gayle! Just keep going at your own pace!

Vireya said...

Your colours look great! Just flip that sashing piece at the top around before you sew it together.

Jo said...

You have more done than me then. It's a great design so I will enjoy putting this one together.

Quilter Kathy said...

Well done! I haven't even got that far yet! I'm going to need several sewing days!

Sally Trude said...

I'm in frantic catch up mode too. And you're smart to check out the corner because the border lake is such a huge part. I like your colors and especially the sunlight shining on them.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh yes I like this!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's looking good! So glad you managed to get in a sewing day.