Sunday, May 1, 2016

Not all the scraps make rainbows

After that heroic effort to catch up with the 365 Challenge, I've managed to fall behind again.

The first four days of April were meant for making the borders which surround the central medallion.  I'd hit a stop with these while I was visiting my daughter, since I hadn't brought enough fabric with me to make these 6"x18" blocks.
I've now managed to get one of them done.


And the first two corners that will help rope in that medallion.



So, taking the medallion that I made at the end of February,


I've posed it with one border section and the first two corners.


One side surrounded, three to go.
I think I can, I think I can...



Linking to Oh Scrap at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  Come join the fun!







9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The 365 Challenge sounds like quite a commitment, but everytime I see what you've done for it, I can tell that it is going to be an amazing quilt! Is the final layout a mystery, or do you know where you're headed?

Sally Trude said...

It's kind of amazing to think that you could be "behind" given how much is coming out of your sewing machine.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

If I was doing this challenge, I would probably be back at those mitered blocks. So to me, you are miles ahead! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Janice Holton said...

I am new to the blog world and following every single scrappy quilter I can find. I am enjoying watching your progress on this quilt!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

This quilt is going to be absolutely insane! (and insanely awesome!)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love watching your progress with this! No, not a rainbow, but from memory, was your overall colour scheme more red/blue/brown?

Vic in NH said...

Good progress! Those flying geese look like they're fun once you get the size right and can relax.

SandraC said...

I am sooooo behind on this project. Last night at guild I saw two of these completely up-to-date and all sewn together and they were absolutely beautiful....inspiring me to not give up hope!

Cathy said...

I'm so, so glad I didn't even attempt that 365 project. I'm not an awesome quilter like you appear to be.