Thursday, May 25, 2017

Is it Burgoyne who's Surrounded, or is it me?

Can't stop Burgoyning, for some reason...

Number 5


was followed by Number 6,


which was followed even more quickly by Number 7,


 and Number 8 came bustling up to complete the new set.


(The photos are a bit wrinkly.  Well, actually the blocks are a bit wrinkly, but then again, so am I, so I guess that's all right.)

Since all these Burgoynes are starting to pile up, I just had to lay them out to get a good look.


At this juncture, I feel I should point out that I wasn't actually making a Burgoyne Surrounded quilt.  At no point did I say to myself, "Hey, self!  I think I'll start a Burgoyne Surrounded quilt today."  I'm not sure how all these blocks happened, except that I've been breathing the Super-Quilter fumes over at Cathy's blog and that might have gone to my head...
At fifteen inches square, these blocks cover a lot of ground, so the eight I've got here are well on their way to an actual top.  As a matter of fact, some pieces for block Number 9 are already appearing on the cutting table.  I guess I'm making a Burgoyne Surrounded.  Go figure.

And as long as I was in an auditioning kind of mood, I got out my Glitter bits box and laid out some blocks to have handy for leaders/enders.


You know, for that other quilt that I'm not actually making...


Linking with Linda at Kokaquilts for her Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE party.  Come see what everyone is up to!






14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love where you're going with this! Burgoyne surrounded has always been one of my favorite designs, but it looks so fiddly that I'm hesitant to try it.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You really are not making a lot of quilts...

LethargicLass said...

I would hate to see what you do for a quilt you *are* making lol!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

The BS blocks look wonderful all laid out together like that! A quilt in the making here for sure! Will you sash inbetween or not? Thanks for linking up to 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Chantal said...

I'm happy to hear you are not making a quilt because you know, making all those blocks could take foooorrrreeevvveeerrr so why start, right? LOL! You are obviously having a lot of fun in your sewing room ... maybe a little too much fun. Those Surrounded blocks are awesome. Enjoy! ;^)

Angie said...

The BS blocks make such a great secondary design! I don't know if I'll catch up any time soon, but it seems I'm committed to making one of these, too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've so admired your blocks, but seeing them all laid out - oh, you may have instigated something.

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks look so nice and they all look lovely together. What size are you not going to make this quilt? You know, since you aren't actually making one.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look like a lot of fun, Gayle! I like seeing your blocks laid out like that to get an idea of what the quilt could look like. Will they get some sashing?

Lesley said...

Have you mentioned what pattern you are using for cutting dimensions for this block! It looks fun

Cathy said...

You should be full of BS now! They are looking mahvelous, simply mahvelous.
I'm curious too...will you do the sashing thing? I'm undecided. But I know I'm making a BIg quilt.

Kate said...

Those must have been very sneaky blocks! But they look great. Happy stitching this weekend.

QuiltGranma said...

I've been falling in love with Burgoyne Surrounded myself lately, but have too many other projects going at this time to start one now. Love yours!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your BS blocks are looking so good together, how many are you going to be making? Pleased to see you're still finding time to work on Glitter.