More kaleidoscopes, of course. But you knew that.
And one Chantal's Pinwheel.
And I made a push on April's 365 Challenge blocks and managed to get caught up through the 15th. Yay! I'm only a month behind again!
One of the personal challenges I've found in this project is making use of what I've got. I normally cut strips and squares in 1.5", 2", 2.5", and 3.5" sizes, and making these small blocks frequently calls for off-standard measurements.
I needed a 3.25" square, which I trimmed off the end of a 3.5" strip,
and four 1.75" squares, which I got by cutting a 3.5" square into quarters.
These went into making some quick-pieced flying geese, which is a technique that is the next best thing to magic.
Though I found that the measurements were off in the block patterns, and I would have been a lot better off starting with a 2.75" square rather than that 3.25" one. Lesson learned. (Math is our friend. Seam allowances are not.) Next time I make 3" Sawtooth star variations, I'll know exactly what I'm doing!
And for the record, I haven't started a new project. It's purely a coincidence that I've been experimenting with applique for no particular reason.
As one does.
Linking with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework. Come watch us all play with scraps!