Saturday, January 23, 2021

Well, golly. January's been a ride so far, eh?

 I'm pretty sure the last time I posted there were still dinosaurs scrumbling around in the underbrush.  I'll try to catch up with what-all I've been up to.

My RSC sewing continued with several pink cake stands,






some pink chips,


and a pink PSP21 block to add to my postage stamp collection.


When I last posted, I showed this pink Antique Tiles block that I had made, inspired by our Cathy.


I made another one,


and then just looked and looked and looked at them.  They're so pink.  So ferociously and unremittingly pink.
After hmming for a bit, I decided to see what they'd look like with a different color for that center ring.


No final decision yet, but I think this might be the way I go with these blocks in the future.  You know me - the more colors the merrier.

Not all my sewing has been pink.  I'm slowly but surely squaring up blocks and sewing together rows for Sand Castles 2.


I've got the bottom two rows of squares to go, then I'll sew pairs of rows together until I have them all assembled.  (It'll be nice to finally be done with all that red)  I'm still slogging along on the (possibly endless) B&W string-pieced borders.  Someday I'll have them finished and I'll do such a happy dance!

I've also been working on a Table Scraps project for Joyful's challenge, but that's going to have to wait for its own post - this one is long enough!


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!


12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely PINK blocks, an almost quilt top, AND a project on the go for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Gayle!! Do you EVER sleep??? Sleep on your decision concerning those Antique Tile blocks, if you must. For my part, I really like them with an extra shot of color (not that I get a say in the matter!!)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the antique tile blocks with the second color added - I agree about more colors being better.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

All your blocks are fabulous! Great fabrics, great colors, great patterns.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the the blocks with a different color in the middle ring, too! Sometimes the pink needs a little break, doesn't it? Great progress on Sandcastles 2 - I love that quilt in those colors!

Chantal said...

Lovely Cake Stands. PSP is very pink as are the Antique Tiles. I prefer the two-colour version, but that's just me. Sandcastle, well what to say? It's, obviously, one heck of a gorgeous quilt. What a labour of love that one is. Hang in there, the end is near. ;^)

Marly said...

You have definitely been feeling in the pink this month! What a level of production! I like the two colour versions of the antique tiles; you need contrast in a quilt after all!

MissPat said...

I have to go with the majority and vote for the two-colored tiles option. Will we see a finished Sand Castles flimsy in your next post whenever that happens?
Pat

Cathy said...

I like the addition of a second color in those Antique Tiles too. I was thinking of that but have always been too lazy when making them to go dig out a pile of scraps of another color.

Oh, those Sand Castles!!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

So much scrappy goodness here Gayle. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Cathy said...

Welcome back to a world without dinosaurs! I love all your blocks, but those antique tiles with a contrasting color are awesome!!

Mystic Quilter said...

A delightful collection of pink blocks Gayle, you're well on the way to a number of RSC quilts this year. but I;'m pleased to see Sand Castles is still in there.

QuiltGranma said...

Always delighted when you show up in my inbox, with more beautiful blocks to share and inspire us with!