Saturday, May 30, 2020

May is almost over?

Oh, good heavens!  The June color for the RSC is already released and I've barely gotten any green-for-May sewing done. 
I did do another Jacks & Sixes block, which is a puzzler for sure since I keep thinking I've got plenty of these for a quilt and I really need to stop.


But they're easy and fun to make and they just seem to keep piling up.  (Is there a quilt size bigger than King?  Emperor?)

And because Sally T has given me postage envy -


this little ditty turned up on my sewing table. (Not that I've started another new quilt.  Absolutely not.) (It's only one block.) (I can stop any time I want.)

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Then it looks like I'd better go root out my pink scrap bin.  I'm sure it's around here somewhere...


12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at that postage stamp block - be still my heart! Can't blame you for "just trying" that one, Gayle! What size are those little squares? :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I started the postage stamp blocks - cut a LOT of tiny squares. Made a test block or two (turned them into oversize mug rugs) and gave all my other tiny squares to another quilter who actually finished her postage stamp project. Glad I tried and glad I stopped. Yours is gorgeous - have fun!!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, the postage stamp block has some tiny squares! I love the Emperor size name ;)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another quilting friend has started a Postage Stamp quilt, as well. I'm SEW trying to resist!

Chantal said...

Emperor size? Lol. I had to laugh. You are so funny. What's next? Texas size? Bwahahaha! Don't forget that you have to quilt it on your DSM. Or else you need to find a long arm quilter before you make it bigger than her table can take. Or you can make two quilts ... or three!
Love your tester postage stamp block. Enjoy!
P.S. Happy to see you blogging. ;^)

Sally Trude said...

Let me introduce you to the quilters’ version of stamp collecting.

Mystic Quilter said...

Yep, last day of May - Sunday - for us in New Zealand. June 1 tomorrow and already halfway, more or less, through the year. I;'m hooked on the postage stamp movement too, only two presently but I hope to get busy next week. I love the green solid you've used here.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Is the such a think as QA (Quilters Anonymous)... ?

Angie said...

Love postage stamp blocks - but hate making them! Have fun! ;-)

Susie H said...

Jacks & Sixes is so cute ... I can see why you've got quite a stack of them. Your postage stamp block is really neat but it certainly does look time-consuming. Good luck with that one! Ha!

Cathy said...

Hmmmm, I'm feeling a bout of Postage Envy coming on...

kmkat said...

Emperor size bed -- I love it!