Thursday, August 9, 2018

Hip deep in squirrels



Astonishing, I know...

I finally decided which center to use in the first squirrelflower... er, sunflower block.  This plaid just leaped out of a stack of fabric and insisted it was The One.


I'm not going to argue.

The second block was easier.


Now I just need to decide on the backgrounds.  That shouldn't take any time at all, right?
Right.

Squirrel Chips...  umm, I mean Potato Chips continue to accumulate, too.


The orange ones are particularly good to see since it's the RSC color for August.


And it's an ongoing squirrel since it's way too easy to cut more triangles as I go along.  No end in sight!

Speaking of triangles, I'm up to 92 of the Demented blocks, out of 256.


Despite that running tally, I'm not purposely making 20 blocks at a time.  I guess that when the stack of new blocks gets about that tall, I decide that I should count them up and add them to the bin. 


I'm at the point where I'll be assembling eightsies into sixteensies again - let's see if this time I can hold out past 20 before I get too curious.  Just to break the chain, you understand.

I hate being predictable.  Well, other than the fact that you can depend on me to chase squirrels.




11 comments:

Julierose said...

Loving your squirrel-ey pix! I am a squirrel too lately hugs, Julierose

Rebecca in AK said...

Love, love your squirrels! In fact I love your sunflower blocks so much I ordered the book. Great progress on your Demented blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh I LOVE this post! I'll be joining in your potato chip madness soon enough --- yet another squirrel in my scurry (that's a group of squirrels). LOL

Quilting Babcia said...

Love those sunflower blocks! Really need to make some (just to see if I can) as soon as I sweep some of the current crop of squirrels out the door.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is so easy to get sucked into starting a new quilt. One block leads to twenty pretty quickly. Love those sunflowers.

Cathy said...

Oh good! Since you are only hip deep in squirrels and not head to toe in squirrels you left some room for more!

Looking good, squirrely girl!

MissPat said...

Those sunflower blocks are so cool, but no, not now, I can't. Love the first squirrel photo even though the little rodents fill my garage and flower pots with black walnuts every fall.
Pat

Sally Trude said...

I commend you for entering your pet squirrels into the Pets on Quilts competition. However, next time I would recommend photographs showing the squirrels helping to sew or at least lounging on the cutting mat.

Chantal said...

I love, love the plaid you picked for your sunflower. Yes, it's perfect. It should take you no time at all to pick the background fabric. I have fate in you. X^D
Love the potato chips pieces. I just got the half-square-triangle die-cut and I just might start to eat my own bag of potato chips. But not right away, I have to lose a few more pounds first, lol. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

Seems to me there's a heck of a lot of squirrels around at the moment on blogs. Lots of lovelies in the making at your place!

kmkat said...

Squirre;ls! Love'em!