Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Lambies Yet, and Other Mid-March Updates

(And how did it get to be the middle of March, anyway?  Did we skip a week or so somewhere?  Why wasn't I told?)
 I've been spinning a bit here and there.  My long-draw is slowly improving as I get more practice, but I still haven't put in enough time with it for it to seem easy.  Not proficient, by any means.  (Is there such a thing as antificient?  Still antificient...)

 And still unable to get a good pic of that fiber.

 Still knitting.  I only seem to get a row or two done a night, but patience is rewarded.  (Eventually...)  I'm this close to finishing the toe of sock #2:

  


And it's time to think gardening.  The damn snow will be gone soon - Spring is going to come.  (I keep telling myself that to keep my spirits up...)                                                                                                              


Tomato seedling are happy little things.  Notice the white marker in the lower left corner - I cut up the lid from a sour cream container to make plant markers.  Usually we use the cut-up container itself to make markers from, but this year I had more lids than containers, so I'm testing the lids.  (Write on them with pencil, rather than pen or marker.  Ink fades in the sun, pencil does not.  Just a little tip from your Auntie Mango.)

Last chance for entries in the great LambWatch of 2012.  I really am going to close entries this time!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well darn! Today was my day.

Joansie said...

You inspire me to return to spinning. For a minute I thought I saw a blossom on your tomato seedling :>)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

If I can still enter - April 1 for Onyx and April 7 for Goldie!

kmkat said...

You still have snow? It was 81 degrees here in Minneapolis today. I think it's the end of the world.

kmkat said...

You still have snow? Ours disappeared several days ago. It was 81 degrees above zero) in Minneapolis today. I think it is the end of the world.

Bullwinkle said...

All that yummy fiber and the mention of snow and I take away the pencil tip?? It must be gardening time!

Laurie said...

snow? rilly? not here for long. and I'm wondering if your boy was a boy rather than a man last year.

Bullwinkle said...

! oof! I forgot the pencil tip! So it's good to go back and get caught up ... and take a pencil out to the seed starts ;)