Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catching up

Just a few more words on the Vt Sheep & Wool Festival and then I'll hush about it until next year.
First, I did buy yarn - just one skein in a fabulous color, with a stealth project in mind. (So, no sharing. Sorry.)
And I have to keep laughing to myself about our ram purchase. The very nice man (from Indiana) who sold Orion to us offered to help us load the sheep in our trailer. Then he looked around, saw our car, but realized there was no trailer. The look on his face as we said, "Oh, no, we'll just put him in the back of the car. That's how we always haul sheep." was priceless. I can just imagine him returning to Indiana and telling everyone out there about crazy Vermonters who drive around with sheep in their cars...
And lastly, to the anonymous woman who handed me toilet paper under the stall door - a Thousand Blessings on you and your house.

6 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

My granparents use to haul sheep in their minivan - they'd just take the seats out and load them up!

Bobbie Wallace said...

When I was in high school, my dad bought a young goat to chew down some land that got overgrown with multiflora rose. My brothers held it down in the back seat of my '57 Chevy BelAir. I had to let the car air out for days because it smelled like billy goat!

Angie said...

Hurray for having heaps of fun at a fiber festival. Hi to Orion! Great photos--looks like they're ready for winter. Not that I really want to think much about winter.

Bullwinkle said...

ooooouu slealth projects! Got a deadline too? (Not bad, only one skein - unless it is fine laceweight ;)

I'm not surprised that one critter is hauled in the back of your car. (I am surprised that you do it a second time. Does it ever smell o.k. again?)

jessie said...

Congratulations on the newest member of your flock! I couldn't bring myself to go to VTS&W because for one, I didn't want to spend money, which I knew I would, and two, I wasn't sure I could even get there from here, after Irene.

Thalia said...

It's been a while since I checked in, and it's great to see your adorable, growing flock! I wonder, did you get your sheep from Sheep Street at all? (They used to be my local yarn store/all hings sheepy place when I lived out that way.) Nice people. Lovely sheep