Friday, April 8, 2011

Gettin' Thrifty again...

Long time readers might remember this post - cuz I am all about the thrifty.

While thumbing through a recent KnitPicks catalog, I saw a great idea - a box/bag for holding circular needles. Perfect!
But.
My intrinsic stinginess thriftiness dragged its little heels. Hmmm... I thought. $23? Pricey...

So, I got this:at the store where I work. After my discount, I paid about $3.20.

I've already stowed a few circular needles. Now I just have to finish a few things in order to reclaim the needles.
Is this the first step toward being organized?

8 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

OMG - great idea - I needle some needle organization - why didn't I think of that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Last month Grumperina posted about her circ storage solution -- a 4" 3-ring binder with zipper binder pockets. Her solution was more expensive than the Knit Picks one, although it probably suited her needle collection better. I especially like that yours is ready-made. Easy is good ;-)

Bobbie Wallace said...

Brilliant! I saw that Knit PIcks one, but am too stingy to spend that much. I've been using a CD case, but the longer ones don't stay in. I'll have to see what my Office Depot has.

Laurie said...

Organization is a moving target. Just warning you.

Joansie said...

Great idea!

Anna M said...

I'm rotten about needles. I just have them all in zip locs by cable length and fish out and size when I need one. All the zip locs fit into a zipper case that is about 8 x 10.

I'm getting organized too. There's the Ryan Pile, the Gail Pile, the Chicken Pile, the Sheep pile...

Bullwinkle said...

/snickering over Laurie's comment

I've got one of those holders that hangs on a clothes hanger. The needle ends dangle out each side and the entire thing is one giant Ned-toy. He spends his day taking the needles out ... I spend mine cursing not being able to find any proper sized needles.

Cookie said...

Yes and it's perfect!